1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you switch Life with someone else?

Discussion in 'Chillout Zone (Chat about anything)' started by MarriedGal, Aug 23, 2015.

1. MarriedGal

MarriedGal Member

Ratings:
    +3
    There were times, where I wanted to live someone else life, such as a celebrity. I felt like they had the perfect life because, they have money, fame, they can pretty much get whatever they want and most of the time get away with anything. I had to sit back and realize that a lot of them have trouble as well, being addicted to drugs, going into debt, etc. I realize my life isn't perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't have a lot of money, or fancy cars, and fame, that's not what life is about. I have a loving and caring family, I'm surround by great people; I'm happy, so why should I want to live someone else life. Overall I love life because God doesn't have to wake me up each day to see it, but he does. How do you guys feel, would you switch lives?

2. short.cake

short.cake Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +122
    I don't think I would switch lives with anyone PERMANENTLY. However, I think I might for a month with a super rich person, lol. To have a freebie month of taking my parents to Hawaii, or to jet off to other places with my family and friends and not have to worry about money would be heavenly. Or, even to be able to take my nieces and nephews to Disneyland, or my son to all of the 'cool' places he's always wanted to visit.

Finances are tight, so to get to experience some of the places on our 'bucket list' would be a real treat! Then, of course, back to the real world.;)

3. Cinna

Cinna Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't think I would. Sure, my life has problems but they are MY problems. If I switched lives with someone else, then I'd just have to deal with their problems. The grass may look greener but in reality it never is! I will happily keep my life.

4. mooray

mooray Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I don't think I would switch lives with anyone else but I would definitely switch my property with someone else. You know like, Richard Branson's island. Perhaps even the bank account. But I would never switch my life with anyone in this world. People think being a celebrity like Jay Z or Eminem is easy, but they work really hard to stay on top. Imagine switching lives with someone like Brad Pitt and you have to act a movie in place of him, will the movie be that good? Or maybe switch lives with Lebron James, will you play like him? Definitely not. Even switching your lives with the president is too hot!!! The best life you can live is your life, period.

5. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    I will not switch my life with anyone. I am happy with mine. Life is like a pendulum. There are ups and down. Life will be so boring if there is no spice. I have seen ups and down. Have come across pain but it has made me stronger as a person.

6. Dorothy

Dorothy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I can honestly say that even though I have my share of problems I would not want to switch my life with nobody. Even in my lowest moments , I will always be blessed to be me, because although it's not the best life for most and even though there are alot of things that make my life hard, I have my inspiration that without it I could not live. That inspiration is my family, especially my kids and grandkids!! Wouldn't trade it for the anything.

7. Linda Burroughs

Ratings:
    +15
    God, how many times have I been sitting at a stop light and I look over and see some real fabulous looking woman in a Jaguar and she's got to be at least 20 years younger than me? Well, maybe not quite that exact scenario, but you've got the idea. It's funny, cause just the other day, I was thinking this exact thing and I had no idea that it was a questions that someone had already posed.

I vetoed it because I got to thinking that even if I could trade lives with someone, whose to say that what seems so picture perfect on the outside is really as perfect when you get to see what lies underneath.. I mean we all have problems,and the lady in the Jaguar has them too, they are just different from the ones that I am going through. How do I know if she is happy, or healthy or if her husband loves her or if she's even married?

And say you pick someone who you know the basic information on, like how much they make a year, how many kids, how old, health concerns etc., things can change on a moment's notice. Look at natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina, or not natural like 911.

How do I know that this life won't be fraught with peril in the future? And even if it isn't, no matter what someone shows on the outside, its never the same as what is going on inside. Change lives? No, as much as mine is no where near what I'd like it to be I think I'd rather stick with what I know, maybe change bodies? Maybe just change chest, waist and hip measurements. Make mine a 38 26 38 please.

8. Chriswrite

Chriswrite Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm inclined to agree with those who wouldn't switch. I've made my decisions, for good and bad, but they are mine and mine alone. If I switched I might find the person I switched with had even more skeletons in the closet than me.

9. Nox

Nox Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow, there are some really insightful answers here. I think there is a degree of self-acceptance that is necessary in order for you to be happy. Who you are, where you come from, the choices you've made are all things that make up who you are today. I agree with the general sentiment in the posts above, I wouldn't switch my life with someone else. There are many choices I wish I hadn't made in the past, but I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

I wouldn't mind switching with a celebrity for a week or so, just to see how someone like Bill Gates or Hillary Clinton lives, but I certainly wouldn't want to make the switch permanent.

10. goldenmain

goldenmain Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The same as you, I would switch lives with a movie, music or sports celebrity. Specifically, I would want to be in the shoes of superstars in their own genre of either these three categories. I always think of what would it be like if I could be them for just one day, how would life be and what perks I will be having. They have such extravagant lifestyles and they are very well-off and always look glamorous and happy. They have everything they will ever want: fame, fortune, expensive material things, etc. what I really admire are those who are both happy with their status and also their family life. Most stars are into bad things and this is the reason they blow all their money and status up. But I envy those who are not only famous but have gotten their lives straightened up and are happy with their family with a great wife and children. Sometimes, life isn’t really fair and we have to accept the fact that there will always be people who have better lives than us, who are living comfortably without even having to lift a finger while some of us toil night and day just to get through the day. it is a sad reality but acceptance will make us feel better and satisfied with what we have and the status of our life.

11. SheizMe

SheizMe Rookie

Ratings:
    +2
    I've had a hard life. Much of it was my own doing, and not really listening to myself or thinking. While things have not been great, one thing that has been are the lessons. I've learned SO much about myself because of the life I've lead. I've learned that I'm resourceful, resilient, and tough. I'd have never known that had everything been handed to me. I still don't have much now, but I have worked for everything, so I know the value in hard work, and myself. Would I want to trade lives with someone? Absolutely not. I know my struggles, and I'm at peace with that. One never knows what another is going through or what they had/have to do to make that money. Now, if they want to slide me a few million... lol

12. MyOCDsMild

MyOCDsMild Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Being 100 percent honest....I would never trade anything about my life. I have a 14 year old who is redefining 'teen angst', and I've threatened my family from time to time that I was going to run away while they slept...but I never would. I love them. I love being a mother. I love my fiancee. I love my children. I generally love my life. We aren't rich, but we're comfortable. They aren't perfect, but truth be told, I don't mind going from room to room, picking up random toys and/or clothes, washing panties and boxers and nasty socks ( the old man seems to think its perfectly acceptable to wear socks until they stand by themselves in a corner and dance a jig ), cooking the different meals that they all seem to love and the desserts that they inhale.

They're fun and I don't think another family could make me laugh or smile so much. My 11 year old I and were watching Ash Vs. Evil Dead ( oh yeah...my kids are that cool ) and she made the comment that she'd hate it if I died, as someone on the show had recently lost her mother. I told her everybody dies and that if anything ever happened to me, her dad and my mom would take the best of care of her. She tells me, super serious, I might add, that they would NOT be ok. "Mom, when you're in the bathroom too long, everything is chaos! Marleigh's running around, Daddy burps and plays the game, McKenna throws her farts, Maddie's mean...." I laughed...really hard, but truth be told, it tickled me pink. It's nice to know that they need and depend on me just as much as I depend and need them. I don't want another woman taking my place, trying to fill my shoes and I don't want to strut around in anyone elses'.

13. foolsgold

foolsgold Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Temporarily, sure! I only want to experience meeting my favorite celebrities though and the general feeling of being rich and famous. At my current financial status, I can't imagine just buying whatever I want without caring about the price, or going somewhere to travel with money being no option. However, I know myself well and know I couldn't handle that lifestyle for an extended period of time. I can't imagine being so anxious or drug-addicted either.

14. Sparkster

Sparkster Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +23
    No, absolutely not. Whilst there may have been times when I was younger when I felt like this, I can say now at 37 years of age that my experiences in life have been varied, profound and sometimes surreal. I have experienced what it's like to be at rock bottom and I have experienced what it's like to be at the top, both to the extreme. There have been very tough times and there have been amazing times and I have seen things that I truly never thought were even possible. This is truly the strangest life I have ever known and right now I am going through a period of enlightenment. I would definitely not want to switch lives with someone else.

15. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    Even though there are parts of my life I would rather forget, I wouldn't ever want to change places with anyone. Ultimately I like who I've become, and that's all due to my experiences up to now. If I was suddenly put into someone else's body I would still be the same person, just with a different set of day to day routines, and none of my loved ones.

Also, as much as someone might look like they have a perfect life, every single person has their struggles. As far as that goes, I guess the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, because there's no way of knowing from the surface how screwed up someone's life might be.

16. Butterfly

Butterfly Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Selena Gomez. After seeing that video she made recently entitled "Good for You" OMG. I'm a girl and think she is HOT. Sigh. So wish I had had the chance to live the life she lives.

17. lexinon

lexinon Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +29
    I would love to switch places with Adele for a day. I'd give anything to have a voice like hers. It'd be nice to be able to sing my heart out with her voice, along with be as gorgeous as she is. I wouldn't mind one bit.

18. Readme@Amy

Readme@Amy Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +37
    In reality our life had ups and down and I may say that I had experienced it at some point in my life. But it does not make me feel to give up but instead I had the courage to face the consequences and that made me to be strong and a better person and to what I am now in my life. Even though there are ups and down in my life I will not switch my life to anyone. I am already contented with my own life.

19. lexinon

lexinon Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +29
    This is an awesome thing to hear. It's hard to come across someone that is actually content with their life to a point where they cannot picture themselves doing anything else. I'd love to not envy or look into other's lives and wish.

20. Blue Moss

Blue Moss Member

Ratings:
    +4
    While I like where I am in my life, I would like to live the life, temporarily, as that person out in the wilderness who has been "successful" at living off the grid for many years.

21. rcdpink

rcdpink Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Indeed there was a time in my teenage years when I wanted to be in Michael Jackson's shoe. I thought that money could solve all my problems. But it was actually in the depth of my poverty that I learned how to be economical and to live within my means. I learned that a little was a lot if I learned how to apportion it right and even share it with others. Sometimes people who are wealthy from birth don't know how to deal with financial pressures. Some end up even killing themselves.

22. Shen

Shen Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +16
    When I was younger, I always wished I could switch but I've come to realize that I was born into the perfect family even with all their imperfections. You never know what a person is going through no matter how perfect their life seems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted