1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does My Belly Button Smell Like Poop?

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by Bump, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Bump

Bump Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I don't know how to start but many of you may find my situation as funny and awful. I have been suffering from this since my college days. My belly button smells like I have pooped or farted. My friends don't sit around me for long. I avoid sitting in closure. I haven't visited a doctor as I find it very embarrassing to talk about it. Although my friends have never spoken to me about it but I know something around me always smells. Once I did hear them say- oh this smell. I find myself in a very difficult sutation

2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too am suffering from this problem and whenever I touch my bellybutton and smell my hand it smells like poop. I take a bath twice a day and use a lot of perfumes and deo. But I don't think body odor has got to do anything with it.

3. carla07

carla07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many people do not wipe off the belly button after bath and skip it out. As a result bad bacteria forms there and smell comes from your belly button. What you got to do is clean and wipe your belly button properly to avoid the stink. As for the bodu odor, you should go and visit the doctor as you may be suffering from something else

4. phazer1980

phazer1980 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Things are not looking that good if people are keeping away and you smell that bad..opps sorry. But it seems there is some serious problem with you. Belly button cannot have that much of a smell . I feel that you have bad body odor. Change your eating habits. You may be suffering from some sort of fungal or yeast infection. Have you tested for metal poisoning? Get a test done and detoxify your body.

5. Bottle

Bottle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What you are eating is not right. Try to change your diet. Take a lot of fluids. Drink a good amount of water everyday to flush out the toxins from your system. Include a lot of green vegetables and fruits. Have lots of salads. Hopefully this will help. Don't neglect this problem. Pay a visit to the GP.

6. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    Hello Bump, The smell suggests that something is not right inside your body. We all sweat and have body odour but I feel your problem is slightly over the top. Change your diet. Drink a lot of water as water is the best way to clean the system. Start your day with a glass of warm water. Avoid junk food. Eat healthy.

Have you checked your lymph nodes? Do they swell?

I can understand you feel awkward going to a doctor but it is better to be safe than sorry. Before things get out of control do something. A doctor can check and tell you what is exactly wrong with you. All the best.

7. mett1982

mett1982 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Since you won't go to the doctors, have you done any research on the subject yourself? Obviously I am not a doctor but the first thing I would think of if my belly button of emitting a foul smell is that I have an infection of some sort. There could also be a wound that is inside your belly button. Perhaps it is a yeast infection. Have you actually looked inside your belly button to see what is going on there? If it's a wound that isn't healing because of the location and the build up of dirt and sweat then maybe some cleaning inside your belly button could cure it.

Perhaps a q-tip with some hydrogen peroxide could help. I just read an article that said if your belly button smells like poop, it is because there might be dead skin cells rotting from the inside. So I'm guessing you have a pretty bad skin infection and you should go to the doctors to get some antibiotics. You should really go just to see if it isn't anything more serious. Don't be embarrassed. That is the doctors job and he/she won't make you feel dumb for the health condition you are experiencing. Good Luck!

8. Shen

Shen Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +16
    Well I've had that problem because my belly button sinks into my tummy so whenever it isn't dried out properly or if there is sweat it may have an odors but it doesn't smell that high for those around me to smell. So what I do is I try to keep it clean and dry at all times. If I'm going out I would put power on it just to help keep it dry.

9. pennyheart

pennyheart Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +50
    Since the belly button is a closed area, it can trap germs especially when it is moist and hot. So essentially, some people end up with a smelly belly button. I suggest doing the following:

1. Use some cotton swabs dipped in alcohol to clean your belly button. Stretch the skin and gently swipe the inside of the belly button until all dirt is gone.

2. If alcohol hurts you, try Hydrogen Peroxide or Witch Hazel. You can also use Tea Tree oil which has anti fungal properties.

Good luck!

10. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    I know you don't want to, but it sounds like you've been suffering from this for awhile...it's probably time to get it checked out by a professional. It could be a medical issue, and you'll want to start treatment sooner rather than later in that case. Is the smell accompanied by any discharge? If so, definitely see a doctor. You may be dealing with a fungal or bacterial infection.

On the other hand it could be a simple hygiene issue. What have you tried so far to deal with it? Making sure it's properly dried after bathing and gently cleaning it with a q-tip dipped in peroxide or rubbing alcohol might help. Keep up this routine for a few days and see if it gets any better. The navel tends to collect dirt and sweat and skin cells, which attracts bacteria, which is what causes the smell, so keeping everything clean and dry is key :)

11. morgoodie

morgoodie Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +23
    I am sorry that you have to suffer with this condition and I can certainly understand your embarrassment about the situation. You need to see a doctor since that is their job to tell you what is causing the smell and to help get rid of it. I am sure they have come across the situation before and have dealt with worse situations than yours. You just have to muster the courage and go as you do not want this to be something serious that you are not getting it checked out.

12. samanthab

samanthab Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it is kind of funny how you said it, but if you know you have a bad smell, you should go to the doctor. Belly buttons smelling like poop isn't that common. Once I had a friend who smelled really bad and when I say really, I mean REALLY. Anyone who knew him talked about it behind his back and some people didn't even want to get to know him because of his smell. I felt sad for him an helped him, I told him the truth and gave him some tips.
    If you know this is an issue, go and get some help, it doesn't matter if you ask to your doctor or your friends, solving the problem is what matters.

13. Readme@Amy

Readme@Amy Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +37
    Maybe it had something to do with the kind of foods or drinks that you are eating and drinking. And when you perspire and the toxins from the foods and drinks are releases it does not smell good. It is better to consult a medical practitioner who specialize in this kind of ailment for the right diagnosis and treatment so that your problem will be solve. All the best of luck!.

14. MRSP

MRSP Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +31
    It would seem that this is quite a common occurrence. I never paid much attention to my belly button but after reading all the comments here, I checked it. HA!HA! Oh well, it's clean and it doesn't smell funny.

Now back to you, I guess you've done and tried cleaning your belly button, right? And still it smells bad? If that is the case, then you really need to seek the help of a professional. Have it checked by a doctor so that you'll find out the cause of that awful smell coming from your belly button. Anyway, I hope you get the proper treatment for it. Good luck!

15. Benoit W

Benoit W Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Yоu hаvе а bеllybuttоn thаt trарs dеаd skin...whiсh is thеn а fеаst fоr stink-рrоduсing bасtеriа. Thе sаmе thing саn hарреn аnywhеrе еlsе thаt yоu hаvе fоlds оf skin thаt dоn't gеt suffiсiеnt еxfоliаtiоn аnd tоо muсh dаmрnеss.

Yоu mаy find mоrе соmfоrt in using sоmе sоrt оf оil (сосоnut оil is rеlаtivеly mild аnd hyроаllеrgеniс, аnd nоn-соmеdоgеniс (wоn't сlоg yоur роrеs)) tо hеlр sоftеn аny ассumulаtеd сruft. Сlеаn it оut gеntly with а соttоn bаll. Q-tiрs аrе kind оf rоugh оn bеlly buttоns.

16. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cronotol 250 mg Tablet is a medicine used in the treatment of alcohol addiction. It works by producing interaction with alcohol and thereby causing unpleasant effects like nausea, flushing of the face, headaches. Thus, it discourages the patient from taking alcohol while on this medication. Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.

17. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    I mean: Why does people spend their time to develop programs which are not sold but given for free?
    I understand that in some cases it is practicing and also showcase for potential employers the same as virus making, but still - why?