1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetes What is the best breakfast cereal for diabetics?

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by Hana, May 3, 2017.

1. Hana

Hana Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am a college going girl and have recently been diagnosed to have diabetes. I am a cereal person and have been eating cereals since my childhood. I just wanted to ask what cereals do you have for breakfast?

2. Alexis

Alexis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember being hungry and clueless when I was diagnosed. I started my day with only yogurt(raspberry, blueberry, greek). By mid morning I used to feel so hungry that I used to eat anything I laid my hands on and my BS levels would be shoot up. One day I started searching though recipes online. There I found recipe for granola. After eating granola I no longer feel hungry and my BS levels are under control.

3. Kohler

Kohler Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I generally eat half of a grapefruit and 30 gms of cornflakes with skimmed milk. We all have different tolerance level for food. You need to test different cereals to know which spikes your BS levels and which doesn't. All the best. Happy testing.

4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Cereals are a big no for me. They just spike up my BS levels. Many may say that bran flakes are fine to eat as breakfast but I have noticed that bran flakes contain more sugar and carbs than weetos.

5. diva

diva Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    For a change sometimes I eat Muesli(no added sugar one). You have to be careful with cereals as many have extra sugar added in them. Shredded wheat is fine but I can't stand the taste. You will have to have limited portion as a big bowl of anything could spike up your BS.

6. Pokie

Pokie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also a cereal lover and have been eating cereal for the past many years. But when I was diagnosed to have diabetes I had to cut down the milk as milk with cereals would spike up my BS levels. So I started using unsweetened soya milk instead of milk. Soya milk is low in cholesterol and has very little sugar or carbs in it. The only thing is the taste of soya. I feel gradually you will get used to the taste. Recently I added 5 grapes into my cereal and found my BS levels to be low. It is surprising as all fruits have sugar but in my case the combination works good for me.

7. Gunnar

Gunnar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I must give it to you man. I tried adding soya milk to my cereals and it tastes awful. I have also heard that soya milk have some effect on female and male fertility. Is it true?

8. EliZaBEtH

EliZaBEtH Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Try making your own muesli. Add equal amount of jumbo oats and Dorset farm original muesli. Along with it add cocoa nibs, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, wheat germ, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix this all together and store it in an air tight container. When you are ready to eat add in cinnamon, natural soya milk and natural yogurt in a bowl and enjoy your breakfast. This meal has a good amount of proteins and fiber and will keep you full till lunch.

9. Pokie

Pokie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    People say a lot of things but here I shall say for myself. I have been having soya milk for over 5 years now and I don't think it has effected my fertility. I am blessed with 2 kids and we are expecting our 3rd child this Christmas:cool:.

10. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Grain Puffs is one of the best sugar-free breakfast cereals for people with diabetes, Minirin 0.1 mg Tablet is a medicine used for cranial diabetes insipidus; primary nocturnal enuresis in patients from 6 years of age with normal ability to concentrate urine, who are refractory to an enuresis alarm or in whom an enuresis alarm is contraindicated or inappropriate.

11. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to find out your opinion, for those who have used a commercial camera stand, what is the best and the pros and cons of using the commercial system vs a T-Post or any DIY solution.

Can someone please give me your thoughts on this?