1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community and participate in health & medical research oriented discussions.

If you are already a member please login here.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community.
Already a member? login here.

Waterfall D Mannose From Boots for UTI and Cystitis?

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by fanta, Dec 6, 2016.

Section:
  1. fanta

fanta Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy D-Manosse From Boots.com . I came across some articles about D-Mannose a few days ago and since then I have been researching about them. From whatever I have read up, I have found that D-Mannose is a simple sugar that helps to treat Cystitis. It achieves that by attaching itself to them and then flushing itself out. It is supposedly very simple and safe with none of the side effects that antibiotics might have. Also, it is stronger than the more popular alternative of cranberry juice.

So my question is, has anyone tried this? The bottle isn’t cheap and though I want to try it, I wasn’t some kind of reassurance at least that I am not throwing my money down the drain.

2. Sutapa

Sutapa Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I have read a lot of about it too and also thought about trying it the next time another UTI hits me. There is a poster on here and for the life of me, I cannot recall the name! But I think that person tried both D-Mannose and cranberry juice and did some kind of a comparison study and then posted it. I guess a lot of us would want to hear about it.

3. debra99

debra99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have chronic cystitis. Once these lower urinary tract infection have established itself in the body, nothing can make it go away completely apart from antibiotics. I have tried both D Mannose and Trimethoprim from DrFox*. I think Trimethoprim is better since it targets all strains whereas D Mannose doesnt. IMO D Manosse is good as a daily maintenance dose after trimethoprim has done its job.

4. pennylane

pennylane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG!! Why haven’t you tried D-Mannose already? I used to have UTIs all the time. Like literally all the time! I wouldn’t be exaggerating to say that I used to face at least one at least each month. I started on D-Mannose 8 weeks ago and haven’t had a single one since! I have been given so many antibiotics but nothing to prevent the UTIs till date. I did load up on cranberry juice too, but this is like way better and works much more efficiently. Also, try taking acidophilus pills. I take them and they help promote the good bacteria in my gut.

5. girlie

girlie Member

Ratings:
    +0

So, you only take D-Mannose and nothing else? Also, please tell me more about the acidophilus pills. Which ones do you recommend? I see them at the stores from time to time but haven’t thought about trying them out. I do eat yogurt and a lot of other probiotics, though.

6. pennylane

pennylane Member

Ratings:
    +0

I use Primal Defense as my acidophilus supplement and have never had a complaint with it till date. In fact, it makes me feel so much more energetic and alive. Also, no offense but I don’t have much faith on store bought yogurt for cultures. They are long dead before they even reach the store shelves!

7. fanta

fanta Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update: I could wait no longer and ordered for 2 bottles of D-Mannose. I don’t want to have another antibiotic and I am hating the ones I have had already. I will update you guys once they arrive and I start taking them.

8. julesy

julesy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently tried D-Mannose. Though the label clearly mentions that there are certain types of infections that it does not work with, the percentage of those is significantly small. It did help me red rid of my infection. I was suggested acidophilus pills too and the pharmacist told me that it is needed because the D-Mannose has wiped out all the bacteria. So some live cultures are needed to promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut.

9. fanta

fanta Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update again: Have got my package and started using the D-Mannose. However I haven’t been using it regularly. Just a sip here and a sip there erratically to get a feel of how it adjusts with my body. Though I feel that it has helped with my UTI symptoms, I feel that it is making me poop a lot. Has anyone else experienced a diuretic effect from D-Mannose? Till now, this is the only major drawback that I have found which is making me unhappy because I can’t be in close access of a bathroom like all the time. What are your experiences?