1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community and participate in health & medical research oriented discussions.

If you are already a member please login here.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community.
Already a member? login here.

Featured Therapy Caning! What do you think?

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by Maximil5, May 1, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Maximil5

Maximil5 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I know I'm kinda fixated on BD kinda, but I came across this years ago and again yesterday. According to a German and a Russian physiologist, they developed a treatment for treating severe depression, addiction and suicidal thoughts. They have supposedly treated thousands of patients with their method. When drugs and all else has failed, they claim this method seems to work like a miracle!

Ok so here's how they do it! They first have a sit down discussion of the treatment, and the patient can ask for it to stop at anytime, but they suggest they follow thru with the full treatment, for it to work. If the patient agrees, they are stripped from the waist down, lying on their tummy on a examination table, like in a doctor's office. If the subject is male a female will administer and visaversa for a female subject.

They don't restrain the patient(although I thought it would be a good idea to) then sixty strokes of a cane is administered to the buttocks. The site has a few pics, and it looks like they use a 3/8" diameter rattan cane about three to four feet in length. They didn't mention the force used, but I would think a fairly firm stoke would need to applied in order for it to be effective. They say the full treatment is thirty sessions of sixty stokes, every ten to fourteen days. So possibly three times a month for ten months straight. Why does it work?

They claim the effects of the caning, helps the brain release endorphins that is lacking or is a lower level in addicts and people suffering depression. They call it the" feel happy" endorphins flood the body and put the patient into a very relaxed state after the caning is over. They can feel very tired and/ or euphoric afterwards. I know from experience this is indeed possible after a particularly long session of sixty or more strokes.

A good practitioner of the cane will start off with lighter strokes usually, build in force as the caning continues and will end with a dozen or more quite severe strokes. Cold caning(as in no warm up of the buttocks with a hand or strap or paddle) can be a very sharp painful sensation right from the start, if quite firm strokes are used, it can be a struggle to lay there and take it! It's more off a punishment type caning used in the therapy, as that would speed up the release of endorphins from the brain. It's the body's way of reducing the pain suffered initially, even in an accident or trauma, most patients that remain lucid, report it doesn't hurt much. That's the endorphins kicking in fast. Anyway the subjects all scream and cry from it, which is in itself a kind of release as well, crying will help you feel relaxed afterwards as well.

Anyway the site is still active so you can check it out yourself if you want. I'm just wondering if there's people out there that would try this( to help with depression) possibly? Or addiction- smoking, alcohol, drugs or sex! I know first hand that a severe caning is not a sexual turn on for most people, as it just hurts too much. As far as a treatment, I guess the buttocks would get a bit used to it after say the first couple of months, but I'm sure it would take at least ten days for the bruising to go away, and then the new stripes and bruising is applied! They claim after a while, most patients ask for more strokes, as they become euphoric from the rush of adrenalin,but they stick to the sixty strokes, as more would just damage the skin even more and possibly cause bleeding.
    Max

2. Maximil5

Maximil5 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Wow 84 views and boy one comment??? C'mon people, this is a forum, not a book store! Share your thoughts please and thank you. This is a great place to share our thoughts and feelings, if people participate. It's very easy to stay anonymous, so please set up a phony name and join in the conversation.
    Thanks again,
    Max

3. Thea

Thea Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Caning the bottom to release endorphins? Interesting and amusing. Surely, it could release endorphins for people like you and me who are into this stuff but could this work for all? Russian doctors of the 19th century claim to treat lot of conditions and diseases right from depression to pneumonia with this. Pneumonia lol... Good post Max :)

Anyways, I like the caning part more than the getting caned part although I play along for my bf. I can tell you it release endorphoins and everything else haha.

4. doublemummy

doublemummy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Max, I never knew about this therapy. Thanks for enlightening us.

We can always relate canning for two things - as a punishment or as a role play(But even these have limitations). Canning as a treatment for depression is something new. I doubt it if people would like to go for it.

BTW I just saw your pic on the other thread. Your ass looks so sore. Your wife must be really excited to give you those marks:sneaky:.

5. Maximil5

Maximil5 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Well if you're an advocate of pain play, you'll know that the body's responce to pain is to release endorphins. If the pain is of a higher degree of severity. It's the minds way of helping you cope with the pain. So Thea I'm wondering if you ever receive canings like the one I pictured? Tit for that if you have a pic of your bottom, I'd love to see it missy!

6. Maximil5

Maximil5 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    This is actually current, not 19th century! The website is still active, so you can check for yourself. And it's not confined to Russia. Germany and other European cities have offices catering to this type of treatment in today's world! Maybe it's just all the spanko's going to get their bottoms dealt with! $100.00, if this price is current, is a lot cheaper than visiting a local dominatrix I'm sure! And from what I understand, there is almost a 50/50 mix of both men and women who utilize the treatment. For what ever reason, they are seeking this out. Every two weeks would be about right for the bottom to heal of all the effects of a previous caning, and would be sufficient time for a spanko to want a repeat of a hard caning. I'd love to open my own office and have Thea and double mommy as regular customers! Haha!
    Max

7. Expat-M

Expat-M Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never thought of it in a real therapeutic setting. But I have had a girlfriend who really believed it was good for me, and she gradually convinced me to try. It was very empowering, after her severe canings I felt somehow strong as if I could take on the world and life's challenges again. I also overcame writer's block more than once from her sessions, I cannot explain it. But there was a very strong sexual component of those caninsg which would not be there if administered by a professional.

8. Maximil5

Maximil5 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for your input expat. I tend to agree, that having your wife or girlfriend administer a harsh caning, although very painful can also be very very erotic. Caning is truly an artform in itself, and to do it properly takes lots of practise to become accurate and proficient in the execution of a hard caning especially. When the one you love has become qualified to that level, it is a cathartic feeling being on the receiving end of a proper caning. It's a very bonding and loving act for your spouce to actually punish you to that level, the closeness of your relationship to each other will never be stronger. If both parties get turned on, and enjoy their roles, although a lot of couples end up being switches, that is they both deliver and recieve spankings. I do think to be the best dominate you need to start out as a submissive. You must experience how implements feel, how hard to swing your arm and what the effects on the recipient are. Experience is the best teacher.... Anyway I'm rambling again!

9. B-Roberts

B-Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +1
    #9 B-Roberts, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    I hope this post doesn’t turn out too long. I will try to keep it short.

I am old enough to have grown up at a time before spanking children was considered to be damaging to their souls. My parents, especially my mother, were disciplinarians in the literal sense. They adhered to the scriptural counsel in the Bible concerning corporal punishments. They saw punitive spankings as necessary, corrective and loving. I do not remember them ever striking me out of anger. In fact, during those times when my misdeeds as an errant young boy drove them to anger, they would go off and calm down before coming back with the belt. We have always been a Christian family. The Bible outlined proper procedures for judicial whippings at Deuteronomy 25:1-3, Proverbs 18:6 and described how discipline could go very deep at Proverbs 20:30:

“Bruises and wounds purge away evil, and beatings cleanse one’s innermost being.”

Thus, I never have seen a time in my life where I associated this type of disciplinary action as abusive, unjust or even illegal.

After a spanking, there would always be time spent discussing the reasons they spanked me. They would remind me of how it was that they wanted me to act in the future. They would ALWAYS remind me that, if they did not love me, they would not make the time and effort to correct the behaviors they knew would work against me later in life. Again, my mother especially was always consistent. She would not let me ever get by with a behavior that was trying to train out of me. And there were periods in my life where I honestly was getting whipped virtually every day. And we went from what I would now call “spankings” – over mom’s knee with a hairbrush to “whippings” – over the couch with a belt. As I grew older and bolder, the corporal punishment became harsher and harsher. At around the time I was 12 or 13 years of age, I was getting big enough that my mother was seriously afraid of my rebelling and physically fighting back. For a while, she resorting to tying my hands to an overhead pipe in our basement before administering my whipping. I never did rebel because the act of having my hands tied allowed my mind to shift gears in preparation for recieving my discipline. By the time the first stroke came, I was fully prepared to accept my fate. For me, I need to be tied up even now, when I receive a whipping. That act of submitting to bondage still shifts my mental gears and on both a consious and subconsious level, I know that I am about to make restitution and this is when the very important catharsis begins to work its magic.

It was around this time that she decided maybe it was time to find another way of getting through to me. She was scaring herself and the last thing she ever wanted was to become an abusive mother. I can honestly say that she gave me as many hugs and kisses as she did whippings. She once told me, “I’m not your friend, I’m your mother!”

What none of us knew at that time was that I am severely ADHD. In a time when no one was familiar with particular set of characteristics, I appeared to be the problem child from Hell and my mother was not going to let me get away from her without her at least giving me her very best effort to raise me to be the best young man I could be. This was how it happened that our “tradition” of spanking got established. There just wasn’t any other way for her to get through to me.

Now that I am well into middle age, I look back with fond emotions of many of those whippings. They taught me many good and important lessons. They taught me to slow down and filter my thoughts. They taught me to be compassionate, loving, considerate and caring for other people. I grew up having no phobias. I had no emotional hang ups. I never suffered depression. I was a true Alpha as true Alphas can be. In other words, I never bullied people or used superior strength to force people to capitulate to my whims. Oh no. But I was a leader in my school. I did not succumb to peer pressure and other kids were never able to talk me into doing things I didn’t want to do. I stood up for the underdogs. I did what I knew was right even when it cost me dearly. If I had the moral high ground on a certain issue, I dug in my heels and stood my ground. Groupthink never had any control on me, even during those times when I would be in a large crowd of people and I would be the ONLY dissenter.

I have always had a very high sense of self-worth; a high level of self-confidence and I’ve always been very gregarious. Strangers are friends I haven’t met yet. I have no problem meeting new people and making friends even among introverts and antisocial types. But at the same time, I am perfectly happy going for weeks on end without seeing another human being, such as when I would ride my motorcycle across country or go on extended camping/fishing trips. This is because I feel perfectly comfortable in my own skin.

I point directly to the love my mother showed to me while growing up. And that love included the belt, so much so that there were times when I went for a while without getting whipped and I began to wonder if my mother still loved me.

I believe that I can safely say that my own experiences prove the value in the findings of these doctors in Russia. There have been times when I was able to arrange someone – my wife, a friend or someone else, to administer to me a whipping. There was no sexual or kinky connotation to it. And I can safely say that, at least for me, I agree with everything I’ve read here.

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted