1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Sleeping in the nude?

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by short.cake, Oct 5, 2015.

?
  1. Yes, every night!

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No, never!

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Sometimes, it depends on the situation!

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short.cake

short.cake Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +122
    Do you sleep in the nude? Do you think it's healthy. Lets talk about it's advantages too :)
    Personally, I never have or wanted to sleep nude for a couple of reasons. I always have the fear of a fire or some type of evacuation from my home in the middle of the night, and have had nightmares of running outside naked!

Secondly, I never wanted to take the chance of my son running into my room while growing up. And third, and I know this doesn't sound too romantic, but I get too hot and don't like skin-on-skin for a long time, it makes my skin sweat (I told you it's not very romantic!) Even with a t-shirt or pajamas, I get too hot and sweaty spooning or having a leg or arm laying on me while sleeping. These seem like excuses, but I could never get myself to go to bed nude, or remain nude after sex.

Anyway, back to the topic. There is a study that sleeping nude is beneficial to your health and sex health.
    Sleeping nude will help you stay cooler and lower your temperature. That results in better uninterrupted sleep. Plus it speeds your metabolism and helps to burn fat. Who doesn't love that!!

Also, no underwear for men, means the testicles stay cooler and drier, reducing the chance of bacteria in that area. Plus, it optimizes sperm production...if that's what your looking for! Some men are not...lol...

And, of course, sleeping next to a naked person and the skin-on-skin contact triggers a hormone in your brain that will increase your sex drive (DUH! :p)

So, the question is, do you feel comfortable enough to sleep in the nude? Or do you have reservations about going the entire night without clothes? How did you come to that decision?

2. TwoOneBee

TwoOneBee Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +133
    I always sleep only with boxers on. Sleeping nude just feels odd to me, kind of exposed and vulnerable. That being said, I can't sleep with socks, or a shirt on (unless I pass out from drinking) either, it feels too constricting. In fact, I hate sleeping with sheets too, I like a comforter only, year round.

There seems to be an old school way of thinking in regards to sleeping nude, which I can attest from my father walking around the house naked all the time when I was a kid living at home, but to me I like having everything sorted and secured down there. I'm the same as you short.cakeshort.cake where I don't like people touching me or against me when I sleep; there's a time for intimacy and a time for cuddling, but there's also a time for sleeping! When it's time for sleep, leave me alone. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    I never ever sleep naked for some of the same reasons you mention. I'm too paranoid of a break in or a fire or a sudden zombie attack to sleep without anything on. I also get overheated at night so I sometimes sleep without a blanket and it's just more comfortable to be wearing something.

I don't like wearing full pajama pants or anything baggy because it gets all tangled up, but I usually wear at least leggings, a tank top, and a sports bra. Basically something that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in if we had to suddenly leave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Perch

Perch Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +37
    When I had a high level apartment that tended to be very warm I always slept in the nude. Now I am in a ground floor apartment that tends to be cold I rarely do. I doubt it has much of a significant effect on health one way or the other.

5. pennyheart

pennyheart Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +50
    I don't really sleep in the nude now that it's colder here in our country. But back then, when I was pregnant and it was the peak of the summer, I used to sleep in the nude. The heat was just very unbearable as you know, pregnant women feel the heat twice or even thrice the times a normal person feels. And living in a tropical country is truly a difficult way of getting through a pregnancy, much more so when it's the summer time. Add to that, our air-conditioning unit was broken at that time, lol.

Anyway, now I don't think I can sleep in the nude again since we have a son around already. The benefits of sleeping in the nude are very tempting though. Who knew it can speed up metabolism and burn fat? I surely need that benefit! Maybe sometime in the future when the situation permits, I can sleep like this. But for now, it can be awkward and weird when I do that.:p

6. nailah783

nailah783 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My husband doesn't really like to have clothes on in the bed. We like to have easy access. Plus, it's really the only time we get to be nude. We have children.

7. nafretiti

nafretiti Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sleeping in the nude is best for me, with clothes on I feel like they are going to strangle me. They are very uncomfortable and constrain parts of the body and it feels uncomfortable when they do that as well, when sleeping naked it feels more freeing and yes I absolutely sleep way better when naked versus when not. Not sure what health benefits are,I will have to dig into more research and check that out. Even when wearing normal clothes I don't like to wear a bra or underwear,it feels suffocating like and digs into your skin at odd places.

8. JorJa J

JorJa J Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I like sleeping in the nude sometimes. When I am alone the only time I do this is if I am really hot, but if I am with my boyfriend sometimes we just enjoy being nude around one another. It's very intimate, for us at least. We enjoy being as close as we physically can. But yes when it's blistering hot we do not like to touch, and usually have shorts or something on. I'm not sure about the health benefits but it's never hurt me in any way. I plan to keep enjoying it as long as I possibly can before we have children!! Haha!

9. thash1979

thash1979 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Most nights if the house is warm enough I will have little to nothing on. Living in Indiana, winters are harsh and leaves no room for sleeping nude. No way I am going to risk losing a boob to frost bite in December because its -10 outside and the wood stove only has the house 65!

10. Readme@Amy

Readme@Amy Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +37
    No, I do not sleep in the nude and I think I will not be comfortable sleeping that way. During the summer my husband is just wearing her boxer shorts. While me I sleep wearing my shorts and sleeveless tops and sometimes nighties. But during the winter of course we are wearing thick clothes when we are sleeping.

11. goodhealth

goodhealth Member

Ratings:
    +14
    If you live alone and the temperature is right, there's no reason not to. If you have a fan or something like that, you don't want to catch a cold, so you might want to have a robe or some kind of clothes on just in case you need it when you're sleeping. It can feel nice to have a birthday suit on only, but getting a cold or a sore throat or having unexpected company can ruin the enjoyment and practicality of doing that.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +33
    I do have to say that it sounds a lot better than it actually is, but I have done it a couple of times I guess. The truth is that being warmer the better and I am just used to sleeping in some good pajamas, and that has never steered me wrong and has always kept me warm. I am a big believer in the whole "if it aint broke dont fix it" mentality so I would have to apply that one here too.

13. mett1982

mett1982 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I know a lot of people that love sleeping in the nude. I can see the appeal to it. Especially on a really hot summer night. For me though, I have never found it very comfortable. I have tried it plenty of times but most of the times I just get up and put some clothes on. I don't know why I don't find it comfortable. No clothes on would seem like it would make the perfect sleep situation. But I just never found the appeal to it. The closes I get to sleeping in the nude, is a sports bra and shorts. Even sleeping in a bra and underwear isn't very comfortable to me. But I don't think it's weird that people like to sleep in the nude. I wish I could sometimes.

14. MRSP

MRSP Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +31
    I slept in the nude once but it was not on purpose. I was supposed to have a shower. I was so tired after a long day so I decided to have a shower before going to bed. But the thing is, the bed looked so attractive that I decided to rest my back for a while. Before I knew it, I fell asleep. It was already morning when I woke up. Good thing I did not roll out of my towel when I was sleeping. ;)

15. morgoodie

morgoodie Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +23
    I do not sleep in the nude since I have children and would have to get up in the middle of the night. So the last thing I want to do is have to get dressed before being able to see what my child needs. I do not like the sweating aspect of it either. I do not think that I have slept better when I used to sleep in the nude nor did I feel cooler. I think it actually made me feel hotter but then maybe I am just different.

16. Hozyboy

Hozyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I do not like sleeping nude. I sleep in boxers and am fine. Sleeping nude is strange for me. I have my testicles hanging and so not know where to put them. Plus there is the issue of waking up with a morning glory. I do not want that all over the place.

And what if something happens and you have to get out of the house immediately. I do not want to do that nacked do I?

17. Benoit W

Benoit W Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Mоst slеер еxреrts аgrее thаt wеаring yоur birthdаy suit аt night hеlрs yоur bоdy tо rеgulаtе its tеmреrаturе - whiсh rеsults in bеttеr, dеереr, hаррiеr slеер. This is bесаusе yоur bоdy tеmреrаturе fаlls оnсе yоu'rе аslеер; а рrосеss thаn саn bе disruрtеd by wаrming undеrwеаr оr рyjаmаs (оr yоur shirt аnd trоusеrs аftеr а night dоwn thе рub

18. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

Ratings:
    +18
    When I married and started living with my husband, I used to sleep with no panties. I am dressed with nighties or long t-shirt. The reason for not wearing panty is obvious - it is convenient to have sex at once. Often, I would waken with my husband groping me or caressing me and that would ignite something inside that would lead to sex. That's aside from the nightly sex we had. Admittedly, being young is so wonderful regarding sex because we had the energy and the appetite. Growing old changes a lot in our sex life.

19. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I've almost always slept nude. I do have children, but I keep a long shirt next to the bed just in case I ever do have to get up in the middle of the night.

20. Theodore

Theodore Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I sleep in the nude sometimes.Sometimes I just need a change. Some people are afraid to because they have heard stories discouraging the act. I don't let those bother because I know that I born in the nude. However, I always ensure that there is enough cover in case someone that should not see me naked should enter the room.

21. MRSP

MRSP Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +31
    What if there's a fire in your house and you immediately went outside and you totally forgot that you're butt-naked?!? That would be a sight to see. If that happened to me, I wouldn't know what to cover first. I'd probably just cover my face so that people won't recognize that it's me. HA!HA!HA! ;)

22. nytegeek

nytegeek Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +82
    I'm not comfortable without something on. At the very least some boxers and that is depending on how warm or cold it is. I tried sleeping nude a few times in excessively hot weather but it uncomfortable and didn't really help with the heat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.