1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetes Shortcrust pastry with ground almonds

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by trigatch4, Mar 14, 2017.

1. trigatch4

trigatch4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am throwing a farewell party for my friends next weekend and for dessert I want to make low carb almond pastry. Can anyone share the recipe?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Lately I find a lot of people have been avoiding pastry. So why take the trouble of making pastry instead try making quiches. To make quiches a silicone or glass dish is what you need. I just love Asparagus quiches and it can be made in the same bowl. You can butter the dish and mix the cream, eggs etc and use the same bowl to cook. It saves extra wash up.
    Cheers!

3. Hero

Ratings:
    +1
    Count me in for crust-less quiches. They are light and can be easily digested.

4. Faelyn

Faelyn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use a pastry using almond flour, butter and ground hazelnuts. Bake it for 10 mins. Add in any filling and bake. It's yum and popular as a low carb pastry.

5. trigatch4

trigatch4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you please post the recipe.

6. Faelyn

Faelyn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am adding a few more pastry recipes. Enjoy!

Hazelnut/Almond crust - Add dried sage and dried onions with the cheese for the filling. Have it with salads . It's a wonderful meal.

Strawberry Custard Tarts - Make the basic almond crust and for the filling add in strawberries into you home made custard. Your delicious sweet pie is ready.

7. Faelyn

Faelyn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can experiment a bit with the recipe. I have often used orange/lemon rind to my pastry to get the extra flavor. You can add sweetener if you want sweet pies or can also try herbs, ground pepper or any spice for a spicy tart. So pick and bake:)

Recipe: Short Crust Pastry (Low Carb )

Chilled butter - 25 gms
    Almond flour (or half finely ground hazelnuts/half almond flour) - 1 cup
    Sweetener(for sweet crust) - 1 tsp
    Salt - A pinch
    Chilled water - 1 tsp

Mix all the dry ingredients except water and butter. Add in butter and keep folding it into the flour with a spatula. Do not over do the mixing part. Add water gradually until it forms a ball. It should not be too sticky. Dust some baking powder on it and put it in a cling wrap and allow it to cool in the fridge for 30 mins.

Take the ball and press it into the tin with your fingers and take out the extras off the edges. We do not roll the dough. Bake them in 180 C for 10 mins approx. Keep checking as we don't want it to burn. You got to be careful for the first time. Remove it from the oven and add in your fillings and bake it. For my son's birthday I made minced pies and they were awesome.

8. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Trajenta 5mg Tablet works by helping the body reduce the level of sugar in your blood. Trajenta is used for type 2 diabetes in adults if the disease cannot be adequately controlled with one oral anti-diabetic medicine or diet and exercise alone. before taking this tablet you may take the proper guidance of a doctor.

9. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a word with a person who I regulary play SWOS with and because hes a bit disillusioned with it all I have asked him to give Kick Off a try. He used to play all the time back in the day etc.