1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recipes for lowering blood pressure

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by Diane Lane, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I've been looking around for some recipes that focus on foods that lower blood pressure, so i can try making them, but also, so I can share them with my Mom. Many of the recipes I found use unusual ingredients that i don't have on hand, and probably won't buy, so I kept looking, and I found this article by Reader's Digest. The recipes seem manageable, and look and sound attractive.

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/8-healthy-recipes-for-blood-pressure/view-all/

2. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    One of the major ways your can change your diet to help lower blood pressure is by cutting down on your salt intake.

You can make almost any recipe more blood pressure friendly by omitting or reducing the amount of salt you use. Remember that sodium comes in many forms though; things like chicken stock, canned soups, bacon, deli meats, and condiments can have an extremely high salt content, so read the labels and look for low sodium options where available.

Try replacing salt with different spices, herbs, and garlic for flavour. It's also be beneficial to cut down on the amount of fat you use while cooking.

You don't have to buy any weird ingredients :) just stay away from the prepackaged and processed foods as much as possible and substitute low-sodium options where you can.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. rphoenix

rphoenix Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Definitely agree on the getting rid of salt. That's what my Dad did right after he got a scare of having a stroke. He cut down on the salt completely and stayed away from fried foods.

I would also suggest cutting down on the sugar especially if you have a sedentary lifestyle, as having excess sugars in your body not being used as energy will just be stored as fats.

4. nytegeek

nytegeek Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +82
    Cutting back on sugar is a good idea, and not just because it can be stored as fat. My blood pressure saw a significant improvement by reducing salt and sugar intake. Also, taken a moment every day or even as often as possible to clear your head and just breath can have an impact. Reducing stress can be a big part of reducing high blood pressure numbers just as diet is.

5. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension is an eating plan rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, poultry, nuts, legumes, and low-fat dairy. Aquazide 25 mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure. It Lowering high blood pressure that helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems.

6. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes please I offered to pay my players subs too, but luckily they were all OK with it. Nobody would have adopted at all though if it wasnt for GM content sharing.

7. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, this site is so great - lots of useful information, thankyou Hubby went for a reversal on Friday but it didnt work and we too are looking into insemination - we first have to find out if there are any sperm left though - he has 3 children, but ??? now

Sharon xx