1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miconazole Cream(Gyno Daktarin) Reviews For Vaginal Thrush

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by carla07, Apr 4, 2016.

Section:
  1. carla07

carla07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up with thrush as a side effect of another drug. Since my doctor was on leave and I could not get Diflucan prescribed, I bought Miconazole cream. As suggested, I used the suppository a few hours before bed time and applied the cream liberally. It helped clear me up and within 3-5 days, all symptoms of my infection were gone.

I have never had any side effects with this drug apart from the one time during pregnancy. But for that instance, I would rather blame my impatience than blame the drug. I have always found that a warm bath helps with the itching and makes the cream more effective. But at that point my pregnancy hormones were all over the place and I was feeling so crazy that I could not even think of waiting for a bath. That made a whole lot of difference in the treatment.

2. WeedQueen

WeedQueen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This cream is the closest experience that I have had with hell. I took it for thrush and the cream made me cringe with the burn and the pain down there. Initially, I assumed it might just be my infection progressing; but later I realised it was merely a side effect of the drug. It got so bad that I had to rush to the ER so that they could give me something for my pain. I am never going to use it again.

3. ladee

ladee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not understand the mixed reviews about the Miconazole cream because honestly, this cream has worked for me each time. The only advice that I can give is to not wait for the infection to get worse. Only in that case does the cream burn intensely. But one should be seeing that as the cream working and the body trying to get rid of the toxins and harmful stuff.

I usually start using the cream at the first hint of an infection and it works perfectly for me. Also, my habit of including natural probiotics in my diet like yogurt and strawberry shake; plus drinking lots of water helps me.

4. ella

ella Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Day before yesterday, I started using the Gyno Daktarin cream for thrush. The first day, it didn’t seem to work at all because neither did I have any side effects from the drug nor was there any kind of improvement in my symptoms.

However yesterday, I felt maybe the cream is working because the itching and the burning sensation had started to go down. I was glad that I hadn’t experienced any of the side effects yet. Just took the 3rd dose tonight and pain is back with all the burning and it is back with a vengeance. I have tears streaming down my face from the pain and I have no idea what went wrong. Hopefully, things shall be better by tomorrow. I shall keep you guys updated.

5. Giraffe

Giraffe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    At the age of 21 my youngest sister is dealing with thrush at least twice a year, She has faced more infections than any other people have had all through their life. For her Miconazole cream has been her trusted friend during these times. But the side effect is bad and it burns like hell down there. For the 3 days that she take the medicine, she feels like hiding away in a hole and dying. But that is where the bad part ends. Because at the end of the 3 days, the infection clears up and she can lead a carefree life. I don’t know about you; but she says she would take those 3 days of pain instead of suffer with the discomfort of thrush. As they say, no pain no gain.

6. lexy

lexy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    In the midst of taking antibiotics for another health issues, I started getting thick discharge and a weird itchy sensation in my privates. I realised that I might be starting to get thrush and so without further delay, I got the Miconazole cream from DrFox*. Though I felt a slight tingling sensation and very mild burning on the first night, I haven’t experienced any other side effect. My infection got cleared about a week ago and within 5 days of taking the drug. It worked great for me and I would recommend it.

7. girlie

girlie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that my sister has curled up on my bathroom floor at 3 in the morning and I am typing this almost in tears should give you an idea about how bad this stuff is. She used the cream last night and it seems like her privates have been on fire ever since. She actually grabbed an ice pack from the fridge and pressed it down there to give me some relief. I am convinced that the actual infection would have probably hurt much less. I hope the pain goes away in sometime or I might do something mad like running her to the ER in desperation.

8. cynthia100

cynthia100 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2
    I have always approached a doctor on the three instances that I have had thrush. However, this time we were on a holiday and I decided to self-treat when I ended up with the infection. I used Gyno Daktarin cream and the topical cream application helped me immensely. I faced no burning or itching like some of the other users have complained of; and my infection too cleared out real fast.

9. julesy

julesy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used Gyno Daktarin cream for thrush and it worked like a charm. Though I faced some irritation and burning on the night of application, most of it was gone by morning. By the 3rd day, my infection had cleared up completely and I had no pain at all.

However, there was this one other time when I had used Gyno Daktarin cream and the pain and burning was so severe that it almost made me gag. Hence, my advice would be to be aware of which cream you are buying and of what power so that you can make the correct choice based upon your tolerance level.

10. lillywhite

lillywhite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was down with a terrible thrush and the pharmacy nearest to my university had nothing apart from Miconazole cream. Since the itching and the swelling was driving me mad, I decided to soak myself in a warm Epsom salt bath. It did provided some relief but very mild and just temporarily.

I then applied the cream and the pain and burn made me mad. I lay curled up like a ball the whole night but the burning sensation continued to persist without reducing and also there was no improvement in my symptoms. I stopped using it and drove quite a distance to get another cream. It did take double the time and double the dose with the latter medicine, but thankfully my infection was gone and I didn’t have to bear any pain at all.

11. whitebeach

whitebeach Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I was prescribed Miconazole cream for my vaginal thrush. I was asked to use the cream topically for a week and preferably before bedtime. The burning side effect was horrid and was almost as bad as the itching from the infection. The pain brought tears to my eyes as I tried to remember the advice of being patient and let the drug to its work. The only consolation for me is that it did work and my infection cleared up without leaving behind any traces.

12. Leni77

Leni77 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the Miconazole cream and I will agree that the itching does get really intense. But then it lasts 30 minutes or less and if you ask me, that’s pretty less a price to pay compared to the extreme burning and swelling that comes with the infection. I have used this same dosage twice before and both times it worked similarly – burned madly for about 30 minutes or so and then by next morning the infection and the side effects were both gone. This convinces me that probably this is the way that the cream works.

13. Pauline

Pauline Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if this is a thrush but after i got period for 3 months continuosly (hormonal imbalance / prolonged period ) my vagina becomes very itchy and swelling. My discharge is creamy white. I decided to go to the pharmacy to get a creAm and gave me daktarin cream for candidas, tonight is my first night hope that it get better in the morning because right now it seems the itchiness becomes doulbe and it hurts.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted