1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community and participate in health & medical research oriented discussions.

If you are already a member please login here.

how to cook gammon steak in the oven

Discussion in 'Diabetes, BP & Cholesterol Talk' started by Mr_Polite, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Mr_Polite

Mr_Polite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My father's birthday is next week and I want to cook gammon steaks for him. He just loves them. The problem is that the grill is not working properly, I have to make do with the oven. I have never used the electrical oven and have no idea regarding the temperature and time. I have got some steak weighing 125 g each from the market. Can you help me?

2. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    You can use an electrical oven with ease. Just remember, you got to cook the steaks with a tinfoil and then take it off in the last 10 mins for the browning of the meat. It shouldn't take more than 30 mins,

For added flavor you can cook them with some sliced garlic on top and don't forget the fried eggs on top :). All the best!

3. kate31

kate31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use a frying pan if you don't have a griddle. The steaks won't take a long time to cook and they will taste yum.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    You can even add a slice of pineapple on the top along with eggs if you want a different flavor. Always remember the foil for cooking the steak.

5. Mr_Polite

Mr_Polite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info..I nailed the steaks. It took me 30 mins to cook and I served it with microchips and some lettuce.

6. Mr_Polite

Mr_Polite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just checked my BS to see my spikes. Not much of a rise, pre and post meal - 5.0 and 5.7. So Its Steaks for me now.

7. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    Hurray!!!!!!(y)

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted