1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you shave or wax your pubic hair?

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by BWE, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sbatz1972

sbatz1972 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been thinking of shaving my entire pubic area. I think it would be better. I am losing a lot of my pubic hair anyway. I think this is because I am advancing in age. I think if I shaved my pubic hair, I might have a lot less of an itching problem.

2. prismatic

prismatic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not shave or wax my pubic hair. I do trim it though. Technically I guess it could be considered shaving, but I do not think so. I am pretty sure that most girls will not deny you of sexual intercourse because you have pubic hair, but it depends entirely on what kind of person she is. Also, pubic hair serves a biological purpose in that it helps to prevent chafing, so why would you want to remove it? Maybe it is just me, but I feel like shaving or waxing pubic hair is weird.

3. sammy22

sammy22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My boyfriend occasionally shaves his pubic region, however, it doesn't bother me that he has hair there so he doesn't shave very often. I shave everyday or every other day simply because I don't like the feel of hair there.

4. kmommy29

kmommy29 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I keep my hairs trimmed but I will never shave all of my pubic hair off ever again. The most uncomfortable feeling I ever had was when I decided to shave my off all of my pubic hair and it came back with a with an evil vengeance. I was completely irritated and the itching and burning that came from all the hair growing was unbearable.

5. Sweetteeth

Sweetteeth Type2 diet controlled

Ratings:
    +4
    I have had a 'Hollywood' wax once and never again. It was worse than having a baby! The beautian who performed the task ended up knowing more about me than I felt comfortable with. "Turn around I want to get at your peri-anal region" like WTF really??? Its really not that fuzzy, honest gov.
    The pain was sweat inducing.
    However, the result was all kinds off cool. Every breath or breeze across revealed skin was fantastic. But not enough to do it again.
    Truthfully I would have laser treatment rather than do that again...

6. Medic

Medic Administrator

Ratings:
    +49
    I really try to maintain myself there. Personally, I prefer my woman to be hairless or only have it a bit.... else it's a turnoff for me...

7. Conure1990

Conure1990 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I shave my pubic hair. I have not tried waxing as I have heard many, many horror stories of the experience. I manage my hair down there for a few reasons: for one (this is going to be gross) I feel like the hair makes my period so much more uncomfortable and dirty. I also do it for my SO. He tells me that he doesn't care if I shave or not, but I know he prefers me shaven. It makes it more comfortable for him to perform oral sex as well.

Several people here have complained of itching or burning after shaving their pubic hair. Personally I have not had this problem. I suppose some people have more sensitive skin, or use poorly made razors. I'm sure there are a number of factors that contribute to the unpleasant experience, and I'm thankful that I haven't had that issue.

8. doublemummy

doublemummy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes I do keep myself neat. I feel good. Me and my husband both like it clean down there.

9. Cinna

Cinna Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +15
    This is actually the first summer I haven't shaved (I'm female), but also the first summer I haven't been swimming. I've never experienced any itchiness but always have a problem with ingrown hairs. I find it horrifying that girls as young as middle school are now shaving their pubic hair off. I worked as a nanny for twin 13 yr olds last year and they shared with me that everyone in their grade (7th) was doing it. Way too young to be worrying about stuff like that!

As far as guys shaving, my fiancé likes to keep himself shaved or very trimmed.

10. Mzpeaceful

Mzpeaceful Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This is a random posting but hey why not. I have heard that waxing lasts a lot longer but it hurts like hell to have it done so I never have tried it so I stick to good old fashioned shaving. :)

11. taustralia

taustralia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm from my experience as a girl, it sometimes is easier to get a close shave when you use a conditioner or a gel shaving cream instead of a regular shaving cream. I also think that the "itch" eventually does get bearable. I used to just trim my hair because I didn't like having to deal with the itch but since i started using a different cream, it's way way better. I also recommend using a new razor if you can because the hair is thicker and it may be a little harder to cut thus the itchy stubble.

I usually shave when the hair gets close to 1/2 an inch and then I do a clean shave. I find that i don't have to shave too often so it's low maintenance for me. Just remember to use a lotion or a moisturizer to keep the skin from getting too dry or irritated.

12. scarlett

scarlett Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have never and will never shave my pubic hair. I don't even like doing the bikini area, but it's a necessity. I do trim, but the insane itching from shaving is simply not worth it. I'm a little older, so I come from a different generation before waxing everything was a thing. I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time about three years ago, and my eyes were red and puffy for days. I can't imagine how much worse it would be in the pubic area! No thank you! :eek:

13. scarlett

scarlett Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I considered laser treatment. I even bought a Groupon. But then bikini area wasn't even really the bikini area, and I was told that it wasn't likely to work because I'm blonde. I was so annoyed I just didn't go back.

14. mooray

mooray Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I just shave. Actually, it is more like trimming it. I have never waxed and I don't think I can do that. I have heard that waxing can be painful.

15. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The key to shaving is doing it regularly, and with the right products. A low percent of Salicylic acid works well for avoiding razor bumps, but only if you don't have a sensitivity to salicylic acid.

16. taylorwd

taylorwd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I can't handle the irritation that comes with shaving, or the annoying and pointy stubble that comes with neglecting to reshave regularly. So I usually tend to just get a really good and sharp pair of scissors and give it a nice short trim. I do however shave my scrotum because I actually very much dislike any hair to ever come up there. So that's usually what I do.

17. EXQUISITE

EXQUISITE Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes,I do shave and wax my pubic hair! I tend to grow quick in that area so I try to use the waxing method; instead of the shaving area, because it's less skin irritations for me and a longer lasting and smoother result!

18. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    I tend to go for waxing if I have the time for an appointment. It lasts longer so it's a lot more convenient in the long run, and the more often you get waxed, the more damage the hair follicles take, which means that with regular waxing the hair will start to grow in much lighter and sparser. I have sensitive skin as well, and in my experience getting waxed once every three weeks to a month is less irritating than subjecting my skin to a razor every day.

19. short.cake

short.cake Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +122
    I agree. I don't like clean-shaven men or women. To me, it doesn't look natural, we all know that adults have hair! Clean-shaven is too much like an adolescent, and that is just gross! I don't find it attractive at all. I'm good with nicely trimmed pubic hair for both men and women.

20. primalclaw

primalclaw Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am 41. I completed shaved a few times when I was younger, but it itches so bad when it starts coming back in! I do "groom" down there, however, not only does it look nicer for my wife, all jokes aside, it does give my penis the appearance of being bigger. I think that hair down there is sexy for women (and men) if it isn't a wild amount.

21. amethyst

amethyst Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I only ever wax my bikini line. It has only occurred once or twice to me to completely remove my pubic hair, and I didn't like it one bit. I felt strange and "naked". I find pubic hair sensual and a turn-on. Shaved or waxed genitals are bizarre to me. The same goes for shaved armpits in men. I understand that women don't like to have bushy armpits or legs, but in men I find hairiness in all the right places rather appealing. Obviously, I understand that athletes remove their body hair, and there is a reason for it. But under all other circumstances, I prefer a nice big bush... trimmed, mind you. :)

22. Joe

Joe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course I shave my pubic hairs. I don't want a bush around my package. For one, it actually does make your junk looks bigger. Its like an optical illusion, so you might actually impress a female for once. But seriously, I actually don't shave myself too much. My chick shaves me and I shave my chick. When it comes to shaving pubic hair, I will give you 2 hints. First, you don't have to shave to your skin to the point of making it itch. Get a little electric razor and just breeze over your area until it is short enough. It is not your face on a first job interview. Just shave until it is nice and short and clean.

Next, if you are in a monogamous relationship like I am, I suggest you two start shaving each other. It normally leads to some nice sex. Also, shave each other on different days. Just imagine her shaving you one day, having your little penis in her hand as she man-scapes you, with her mouth next to your penis because she is concentrating on doing a good job.

Before you know it, you will be hard as a rock, she will feel flattered that your penis grew in her hand, and it will be a good two minutes for you until you orgasm. Wait a couple of days, and let her know you will shave her. As you are close to her area, get a finger or two wet while you perform your job. Before you know it, she will be on top of you and it will be a fun night. As you can probably guess, I advocate shaving pubic hair.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted