1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetes Diabetic sugar free cupcake recipes, UK's best :)

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by toodlez, May 6, 2017.

1. toodlez

toodlez Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    My grandchildren are coming this weekend so it's going to be baking time. Today I am going to start with cup cakes. My elder one is diabetic so I have to substitute a few ingredients with ones that do not spike the BS levels. So here is the recipe. If you also have a recipe to share, please do share I shall be waiting.

Cupcakes- Recipe (Coconut Flour with Chocolate Buttercream)

Unsweetened chocolate(melted) - 1 oz
    Shredded unsweetened coconut (used for garnishing)
    Coconut flour - 1/4 cup
    Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
    Coconut Oil liquified - 1/4 cup
    Stevia - 5-11 drops
    Cream cheese - 3 oz
    Whipping cream - 1/3 cup
    Butter - 2 tbsp
    Vanila Extract - 1/2 tsp
    Unsweetened cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
    Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
    Egg - 3 nos.
    Stevia extract- 9- 13 drops
    Salt - 1\4 tsp

Preheat oven to 350 F. Take 6 muffin tins and put paper liners on them. Beat eggs in a bowl. Add in vanilla, coconut milk, stevia and coconut oil and stir. In another bowl, sift together baking powder, salt and coconut flour. Slowly into wet mixture, stir the dry ingredients and mix well. If you feel the batter is too thick, then you can add more coconut milk. The batter should resemble like the pancake batter. Put the batter evenly among the prepared 6 muffin tins. Now bake it for 20-25 minutes. Keep a tab on the tops of cupcakes. If the top spring back when touched and the tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle, your cupcakes are done. Let cool.

Buttercream
    In an electric mixer whip cream until it cannot fall off when turned upside down. In a bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together until soft. Add in stevia and cocoa powder. Fold the whipped cream carefully into the mixture and stir. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix with spatula until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is combined. Spread or pipe in the buttercream on the cooled cupcakes. For garnishing you can sprinkle shredded coconut.

Each cupcake has a total of 6.4 carbs and 3.4 gms of fiber. Buttercream has a total of 2.9 gms carbs. Bake and enjoy.

2. Slind

Slind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like cupcakes but I restrict myself to once a week and that too half a cupcake. Any kind of cake is bad for me as it just spikes up my BS levels. Do you really think your recipe is good for me?

3. HouseQueen

HouseQueen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    toodleztoodlez Here's a recipe. I am sure your grandchildren will love them.

Chocolate Cupcakes

Butter (melted) - 1/3 cup
    Eggs - 6
    Cocoa powder - 5 tbsps
    Almond flour - 250 gms
    Baking powder - 1 tsp
    Ground flaxseed - 60 gms
    Splenda - 11 tsps
    Water - 1/2 cup

Preheat the oven at 170 C. Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk the eggs and melted butter. Now add the water and whisk again. In this bowl add in the dry mixture and mix well. Pour the batter in the cupcake tins and bake it for 40 mins. Keep checking on the cupcakes as they can get cooked before time and we don't want a burnt cupcake.

Mocha Cream Frosting

Unsweetened cocoa - 1/4 cup
    Whipped cream - 1 cup
    Splenda - 1/3 cup
    Instant coffee granules (crushed in a blender) - 1 tsp

In a bowl add in whipped cream and coffee and mix well (the cream should be whipped cream and not fresh cream. If you have fresh cream then you have to whip it well till it gets fluffy). Add in splenda and whisk it well. Fold the cocoa slowly as we do not want to over-mix it. Wolla! It is ready. You can use it fresh or freeze it .

4. Rob

Rob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am Type 2 and I can eat a cupcake or a yummy treat minus the topping of cream But when I see the carbs and the spike in my BS levels, I don't think it is worth it. I am not into sweets or cakes, so I don't miss the cakes and cupcakes. It has taken me days to chart my diet and see what suits me and control my BS levels. So sorry I am not interested.

5. Deidara

Deidara Member

Ratings:
    +1
    HouseQueenHouseQueen Wow it's so yum. I tried your recipe it came out so good. My daughter is loving it. Thanks for the recipe.

Toodle I shall try your recipe this weekend. It's bake bake baking time.

6. Amaury

Amaury Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Friends this recipe is definitely not low carb but I am sure kids will love them. My mom used to make them a lot. , not low carb but not everything in life is!

Lavender & Lemon cupcakes

Flour - 140 gms
    Icing sugar - 140 gms
    Unsalted butter - 140 gms
    Grated zest of small lemon
    Lavender flower heads - 14 nos.(12 for the cake and 2 for decorating)
    Milk - 75 ml
    Eggs - 2 nos.
    Caster sugar - 140 gms
    Violet food color - few drops
    Baking powder - 1 tsp

In a pan pour the milk and add the lavender flowers and let it simmer. Allow it to cool down and then strain it and discard the flower.
    Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a bowl take the melted butter and whisk in caster sugar and lemon zest till its creamy. Add in the eggs and whisk. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Now add in the lavender milk to have a good pouring consistency. Pour this batter into the cupcake tins and bake it for 25 mins. Cool and serve.

Note- I have added small lavender flowers. If you get big ones, use only 6. Size of the flower matters.

For the icing

In a bowl add the icing sugar and remaining lavender milk for a smooth icing texture. You can add in 1 drop of violet food color and your icing is ready.
    Spread it on top of the cupcake and decorate it with lavender flowers.

7. Patricia46

Patricia46 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    HalloweenCupcakes

Ground almonds - 75 grams
    Ground walnuts - 75 grams
    Baking powder - 1 tsp
    Eggs - 3 nos.
    Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
    Sweetener
    Psyllium husks (ground) - 1 1/2 tsp
    Grated pumpkin flesh - 200 gms
    Ground ginger - 1 tsp
    Cinnamon- 1 tsp
    Cardamom - a few pinches
    Canola oil - 1/4 cup
    Sour cream - 1 cup

Take a bowl and add in all the dry ingredients. In another bowl add in all wet ingredients and whisk well. Now add in the pumpkin and mix well. Now mix in all the wet mixture in the bowl of dry ingredients and taste. You can add in sweetener or spices as your taste-bud.
    Preheat the oven at 175 C. Pour the batter into the tins and bake it for 45 mins. As the batter has enough moisture it may take some time to cook. First-timers should keep a check on the cake. If the tins are small it will cook fast and if the tins are bigger like mine it will take longer.

Frosting

Dark chocolate - 250 gms
    Butter - 40 gms (room temperature)
    Grated orange peel - 1/2 tsp
    Sweetener
    Cream cheese - 160 gms
    Lemon juice

In a bowl whisk the butter and cream cheese well. Add the sweetener, orange peel and lemon juice. Do not mix too much orange peel. We do not want the frosting to be bitter.
    Optional - If you feel like adding in food colour, you can.

We are not adding chocolate in the frosting but using it separately.
    In a double boiler melt the chocolate. When it cools down pour it in a spray bottle or you can make a greaseproof bag from a greaseproof paper and make a small hole in the corner. make cobwebs or any design on a greaseproof paper. Put this in the freezer to get set. Once set remove it carefully and keep aside.

Coat the frosting on top of the cupcakes and place the chocolate cobweb on top. Serve.

8. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glycomet 250 mg Tablet is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control blood sugar levels and thus prevent serious complications of diabetes. It is also used to treat a menstruation-related disorder known as Polycystic ovary syndrome in women.

9. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent vid, Rayge I personally only like the first track, the second one was a bit too much for me. Definitely some nice goals there.

10. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that info Ali - I really dont want to re-home him and also dont want to give him a life of isolation - so I think Ill chose a pig vet and hope for the best. Ill let you know how Barney gets on