1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetes and your Life....

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by Dorothy, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Dorothy

Dorothy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    How did your life change when you found out you were diabetic? When I found out I was scared and unsure of what to do. I all of a sudden had to start taking medications and making a lot of changes in what I ate or what I had to driink. Overwhelming no doubt! I am still struggling with it in someway, I am always trying to find out as much information as I can about what I can do as far as keeping it under control. It can all be so confusing sometimes.

I would like to find some natural remedies that are known to work and maybe even reverse my Diabetes.

2. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    So many changes all at once is such a scary situation to be in!
    I definitely sympathize with feeling unsure of what to do, I didn't know how to approach the situation at first.
    What made me feel a little bit better was doing some research online and joining communities like this, so I could at least read about what worked for other people with type-2 diabetes. There's tons of information out there, sometimes it can get a little overwhelming which is why I like to be able to ask people who are sharing the same experience.
    I also tried to change my diet and exercise routine a little at a time, so that it wasn't too much all at once. I started by cutting out juice and pop, and then started cutting down my carbs. I like cooking so I've enjoyed trying out new diabetes friendly recipes.
    For me it's all about small manageable changes, and giving myself enough time to turn them into new habits :)

3. Dorothy

Dorothy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    That's what I've been trying to do too, and you are right it is a scary situation. I have been finding a lot of help too by joining communities such as this one and doing some online research as well. As for being overwhelmed by so much information, I so agree with you, which is why I am trying to see what others have found to work for them. I have tried to adjust my diet and exercise too, but I am also interested in getting off medication completely and use some move natural remedies. The only thing is that I'm afraid of it not working and then having to end up on insulin. It is so scary. I guess we learn as we go though. Like you said small manageable changes and getting used to everything. Were you offered to go to any kind of classes after you were diagnosed with Diabetes. They told me about it , but I don't ever seem to have the time to go. I wish there were some online sites to help people see how others are coping and maybe five more information to the different ways to approach this.:)

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlands Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +22
    It can be quite scary at the beginning, but by far the most important thing to do is to make sure you make small changes, as these will make a big difference overall, and by making sure that the changes are only small, you can therefore ensure that they don't seem too overwhelming while you're trying to put them into action. I know that this is something that has helped me a lot, and I wouldn't be as successful at managing the condition today if I hadn't made those changes. Take a look at your diet and lifestyle, and aim to change one small thing each week, or even every two weeks if that's easier for you.

5. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aspects of life with diabetes that may affect your quality of life. Novonorm 2 mg Tablet is used alone or with other medications to control high blood sugar along with a proper diet and exercise program. It is used in people with type 2 diabetes. Controlling high blood sugar helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, loss of limbs, and sexual function problems.

6. RTWodit

RTWodit Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +0
    OK,

Very basic question, but I can find like NO documentation.

I have a Patron subscription and have a friend who just purchases an Apprentice subscription. How do I link these up so he can use my content?