1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champix Reviews

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by Locke, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Locke

Locke Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me begin by saying that I had been a smoker for close to 45 years and though I knew that I needed to stop, I could somehow never bring myself to do it. I decided to take the plunge with Champix in December (just before Christmas) and by the time we welcomed the New Year, I had already smoked my last.

I did have some side effects like trouble sleeping but unusually drowsy at most times, and also some loss of strength. However, with the support of my family and friends, I overcame these side effects quite easily. I feel happy today that I took the chance because no matter what, I am a non-smoker today and a happy man.

2. Fiona

Fiona Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been smoking for about 20 years now and have been trying to quit since the past 3 years. But as with any addiction; every time I tried to quit, my brain found out an alibi to go back to the fire stick and the frequency of my daily smoking kept going up. It was as if I was stuck in a vicious cycle. I wanted to quit and yet I didn’t wanna quit.

A friend told me how Champix had benefitted her husband and I thought why not try my luck? It is my 2nd week now and I haven’t touched a cigarette since last week. Sometimes I just wonder why I didn’t try this earlier.

3. Klaus

Klaus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    The 1st time I tried Champix, I did not have the mental and emotional strength to continue and hence I quit(champix, not smoking lol) within a week though I had no side effects that might be worth mentioning. This is my 2nd time and I am on week 3 of the drug. I am having horrible side effects. Bloating, gas, irritability, nightmares, loss of appetite, terrible body aches – you name it, I have it! But honestly, I smell so nice and not just of stale cigarettes which is making my spouse very happy; plus my bank account looks so good that I am ready it to give it a shot just for the sake of these two if nothing else.

4. traveller

traveller Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I owe my life and happiness to Champix. It has been a miracle drug for me. I have been smoking since I was 11 (don’t judge) and every time I wanted to quit, the urge came back with a vengeance. So my intake went up from 20 to 30 and by the time I was smoking around 40 cigarettes a day, I told myself that enough is enough. My doctor recommended Chantix to me and I took it for 3 months. Tomorrow I celebrate 2 years of my smoke free life.

5. Matthew

Matthew Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    A smoker for 20 years, I had tried every available trick in the book to quit. It just didn’t work. I would quit and then start all over again. So when someone suggested Champix, I thought why not? It did work for the first few days and I felt so clean and healthy and had stamina to do stuff that I hadn’t done in the longest time. But I kept doubting its credibility and expected to get back to my smoking habits soon as had always happened. Well, it’s been 5 years and I am still waiting and hoping that it never happens!

6. worried

worried Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Having been a smoker for almost three decades, I finally put in my heart into quitting after I had a major health scare that involved multiple hospital visits. My doctor recommended Champix for me and I started taking the requisite medicine dose regularly.

However, within a week I had severe side effects like fever with chills, rashes, nightmares, and puking. I stopped taking it immediately. But the health scare was too real and I went back to my GP again in 3 months for advice. This time, he recommended half of the original dosage for me. That worked out fine and I haven’t had any of the previous symptoms that scared me so much.

Eight weeks smoke free now and my suggestion for anyone facing minor side effects is that maybe they need to play around with the dosage a bit. Talk to your doctor and find out what dose suits your body because once the side effects are under control, this drug really does work.

7. Rose

Rose Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    While most people start smoking casually, and want to quit because they realise how harmful it is and are unable to because they are addicted – I am different. I fall into that minor category of people who actually love smoking. Like really love it. And hence the pleas of my husband and my children were falling into deaf ears for almost quarter of a century. I knew I had to quit smoking but I just didn’t want to.

Soon my health started deteriorating. I must admit that when my husband suggested Champix, I was a bit hesitant. I started with the medicine and my family ensured I didn’t slack on my dosage. I had no significant side effects and miraculously my cravings weren’t too bad either. By the end of the 2nd week, I had lost all urge to smoke.

I keep wondering what took me so long and why had I loved it in the 1st place. And it has been this way for the past 2 years now.

8. Nex

Nex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been taking Champix for a week now and my craving to smoke has come down a lot. I longer reach out for a cigarette each time I am bored or irritated to hungry or just like that. However I have had every side effect possible.

For starters, I hate this metallic taste in my mouth all the time. It makes me lose my appetite. Couple that with bloating and the inability to take a proper dump, and I think you have Mr. Grumpy Face staring right at you. It is helping me give up smoking and so I shall be trying it for another week. But if the side effects continue, I might just have to stop taking it.

9. Best

Best Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I was the poster boy for cigarette ads with a daily intake between 45-50 cigarettes a day. But I knew that I had to draw the line somewhere. I had previously tried nicotine free cigarettes to help me quit but somehow it just made me smoke more the next time. That is when I decided to try Champix. I usually had my dose along with some food because I found that the food helped take away the metallic taste which I otherwise ended up getting. Within a week, I lost the urge to smoke. It has been 5 years since and now I can honestly say that even the thought of smoking repels me.

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the appropriate time to write this review because today is the 5th year anniversary of me being a non-smoker. Smoking for me started casually at a friend’s party and went on to become an integral part of my life. Though I did quit smoking on three occasions (my pregnancies), I somehow always went back to it once I gave birth. Inclusive of all the years, I think I was a smoker or about 20 years or more.

5 years ago, I started taking Champix. For the 1st week, I was regular and dedicated. However, by the mid of 2nd week, I developed a few side effects like bloating, loss of appetite, irritability etc. I stopped taking the drug immediately. But what was remarkable was that I didn’t go back to smoking either. So, though I barely took it for a week and half, it did help me in the long run to quit.

11. Grifter

Grifter Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Most people here talk about how they wanted to quit and how they knew that cigarettes are bad for them. Me on the other hand, wanted to quit and knew that I could not. I had tried everything from e-cigarettes, lozenges, nicotine patches, to even quitting cold turkey. But not only did the cravings get much worse, but my mind too started playing games with me. No wonder I had been a smoker for 25 years!

For me, smoking was not just a habit or something that people did when they met friends or went out to chill; for me smoking was an integral part of life. If I hadn’t smoked for more than an hour or two, I was crabby, miserable and felt physically ill. Hence, I didn’t have much hope when I started Champix. But I was amazed that even for a person like me who couldn’t survive without smoking, the urges began to get under control.

I did still reach out for the occasional packet, but within a week, it was just out of habit and not because of any need. I also faced quite a few side effects of the drug. I had a strange metallic taste in my mouth all the time, and a few digestion related issues like bloating, passing gas frequently, and difficulty pooping. I also suffered from bouts of headaches. However, with the passing of time these symptoms went away and I slowly started feeling absolutely normal like before. The only difference was that I was no longer a smoker.

12. hunter007

hunter007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my 4th week with Champix. If not anything else, I am just thankful that it helped get the nicotine out of my system. I have horrible gas and all that I seem to be doing lately is sleep or wanting to sleep. I developed a fever last evening and since this morning have angry red rashes all over my body. Will be seeing a doctor in a while and sincerely hope that the side effects go away and take my smoking habit with them when they go.

13. mark 02018

mark 02018 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I took champix on the 4th jan 2017 and continued taking it for around 5-6 weeks then stopped. I wasnt feeling my self and a year later am still not my self at all.
    I WARN ANYONE DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. If i could turn back the clock i would., ive lost my wife, my kids, my own personality and my mind at times.
    I have had suicidal thoughts and to date my mind feels like its miss firing and not working on all cylinders.
    My aggression was the first side effect, then depression then rage. Now i feel like a shell of the man i once was, confussed unable to focus mentally or visablly, everything looks and feels muddled. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE.

14. Nikki88

Nikki88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Do not take this horrible drug. It messes with your brain has horrendous side effects including cancer. Don't ever take it. Also it doesn't work. They made 65$billion in sales recently and will feed you a PFIZER cancer drug when they are done making you sick with champix. It's all about the money not your health.

15. Isabelle

Isabelle Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Champix for me has been great still early days, 2 weeks smoke free, l have smoked for 24 years. I have halved my dose and still my cravings are easy to deal with and the side effects have gone away. I feel like champix has saved my life, when l smoked l felt depressed and sick with low energy, now l feel alot better with heaps more energy. My kids are happy, l am happy and l look foward to the future as a non smoker

16. Thompson

Thompson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you have been prescribed by the doctor to treat Erectile Dysfunction in men Tadalista 5 mg Tablet is a mild initial dosage also used to treat the symptoms of Pulmonary Hypertension. The medicine is used to treat the softer erection which is one of the major causes of dissatisfying sex. It helps to attain a harder erection and increases playtime during sex.

17. Frankfut

Frankfut Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right away I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming yet again to read further news.

18. RTWodit

RTWodit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just thought I would ask for some feedback on the reviews which I have not finished I have performed thus far in 2017. Have they been informative or helpful to you in some way ?