1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community and participate in health & medical research oriented discussions.

If you are already a member please login here.
Hey! Signup here! to join our community.
Already a member? login here.

Can you buy Ritalin in the UK ?

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by hocuspocus, Jan 22, 2017.

1. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, anyone know of any online pharmacies i can buy ritalin from?

moved to uk but my health files are not with the GP yet so i cant get my rx, ideally need it this week!!

help!

2. to7update

to7update Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi hocuspocushocuspocus, welcome to the forum! I am not in the UK, but from what I've seen Ritalin is legal in the UK, but you will need a prescription. If you don't mind me asking, why do you need the Ritalin for? Are you a student? Doctors wanted to prescribe it to my older kid, but I didn't want to, as I know it's highly addictive.

3. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    It's for me, we've moved back to UK last week and I didnt think anything of getting the Ritalin, they are mine and I've been on them just over a year, but the GP here wants the reports and then they can prescribe it via a psych shared care plan. Because they are addictive and I get really erratic if I havent taken them, I know when I was living in greece some pharmacies would sell it you directly if you knew them well. I am dreading the aftermath if I'm without my tabs for however long.....arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jerrica98

Jerrica98 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Ritalin needs a prescription and good pharmacies won't give it to you without one. If you can't get one from your NHS GP and are running out, try a private doctor like SamedayDoc or Medicentre. These do cost (unlike the NHS), but are legally allowed to write prescriptions, and can then give you a letter for your GP's records. If you can produce copies of your old prescriptions or boxes and bottles, or any proof from your old doctor that you were on Ritalin, it helps as it shows you were on the drug for a while.

I know a few people who carry insurance with a private GP service because the NHS can take a while to sort themselves out. The only thing is that since it isn't NHS you have to pay for the consultation and prescription, so it does cost. Could your Greek doctor fax you a note or prescription to your NHS doctor if the NHS are dragging their feet?

5. to7update

to7update Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I am sorry that you are feeling that way, but maybe this is a good opportunity for you to drop them? I have given it a lot of thought because of my kid, that is kind of hyperactive, but I am still struggling and I am not giving this to him because I feel that the side effects will be worse than the good effects.

Isn't there an alternative you can take?

6. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I wаs prеsсribеd Ritаlin fоr nаrсоlеpsy (оff-lаbеl indiсаtiоn) аnd wаs tаking thе mеdiсаtiоn fоr аpprоximаtеly 1 yеаr. аs fаr аs соsts gо, it is аvаilаblе аs а gеnеriс (mеthylphеnidаtе) whiсh mеаns it is rеаsоnаbly priсеd. Thеrе аrе diffеrеnt fоrmulаtiоns аvаilаblе, immеdiаtе rеlеаsе аnd еxtеndеd rеlеаsе. Ritаlin dеfinitеly hеlpеd mе stаy аwаkе аnd imprоvеd my асаdеmiс pеrfоrmаnсе drаmаtiсаlly. My GPа inсrеаsеd оvеr 1 pоint thе yеаr I wаs tаking Ritаlin аs I wаs mоrе аlеrt аnd fосusеd during сlаss. Thе drug wоrks thrоugh thе dоpаminе systеm (dоpаminе is rеspоnsiblе fоr fосus, аttеntiоn, rеwаrd аnd аlеrtnеss аmоngst оthеr аrеаs аs wеll). аt оnе pоint, I bесаmе slightly аnxiоus whilе tаking thе drug аs it dоеs inсrеаsе yоur hеаrt rаtе whiсh lеd tо shоrtnеss оf brеаth аnd аn аlmоst pаniс аttасk typе оf rеасtiоn fоr mе.

7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +37
    Pardon me if this is not directly related to the topic. But this is about the effect of Ritalin. My wife's uncle was a celebrated horsetrainer who was always named the trainer of the year. He was 60 when the accident happened. He dated a young girl, the daughter of a horse jockey. They went to the hotel for their illegal tryst. And the uncle took Ritalin to give him energy. Horse trainers know a lot about drugs for horses which are also applicable to humans. From what we gathered, Ritalin is a favorite of people in the horse racing industry because the effect is already tested. Unfortunately, Ritalin is not prescribed for people with weak heart. And that was the cause, the uncle suffered a heart attack while having sex and he expired on top of the girl. It was a scandal that rocked the horse racing industry here.