1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time of the day for sex?

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by BillDavid, Aug 17, 2013.

1. GailO

GailO Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I prefer it at night. I am not a morning person. It takes me hours to wake up, so I don't really feel like I get the full experience in the morning. I am still groggy and don't always remember the mornings! Most of the men I have asked say they prefer it in the morning. I think that is where there has to be give and take. If I ever start dating again, I think it is important that both the man and I compromise. If he likes it in the morning, and I like it at night, we can do a little of both.

2. toradrake

toradrake Member

Ratings:
    +6
    That is the best part of having in the morning. You can take it nice and slow so it helps you wake up and puts you in a little better mood then you would normally be in the mornings.

3. Shen

Shen Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +16
    I prefer nights because first of all I am not a morning person. I feel more lazy in the mornings than I do at night why is why. On days when I'm home though afternoons are not so bad either but sex in the morning is just the worst thing for me.

4. Hozyboy

Hozyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I never sleep before midnight no matter what I do. So the best time to have sex for me is at night. There is more time and privacy.
    Plus the darkness is a turn on.

5. pennyheart

pennyheart Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +50
    Hmmm... I would say it has to be at night for me before I work. Or maybe during the midday after my afternoon nap. Morning just doesn't work for me since I work at night and during the morning I'm super tired and restless already. I doubt I would enjoy sex during that time of the day.

During the night, I have some extra energy since I get to nap during the afternoon. But it has to be before my work because I do need at least 10 hours of work everyday. I wouldn't want sex to be in between those working hours because I don't like my work getting interrupted.

On the other hand, midday is fine as well, after my nap. I am energised at that time and I would feel up to sex then.

6. CityLites

CityLites Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm also a big fan of morning. My last ex was not, which was an issue - she was more interested in having a glass of wine or two and a smoke before hand. For me, this cuts into performance; so I'd end up having to abstain. This actually ended up a bigger issue than it sounds like it is.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +32
    That's a tricky question to answer for me, because I prefer to have sex at night as we get into bed but I actually perform better in the morning when I first wake up.

I've no doubt that after a good night's sleep then most people will enjoy morning sex but when it's not your favourite time, or maybe even your partners, then it could become an issue very quickly.

8. Theodore

Theodore Member

Ratings:
    +11
    My best time is in the early morning when I am well rested and energy levels are up, this helps to strengthen my sustainability. Therefore, I am able to perform at optimum level. At night-time, I sometimes tend to experience a lower energy level and may need some sleep to recharge me.

9. apickett80

apickett80 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I prefer night time as well. There is something just really romantic about having sex with my husband at night. During the day it seems rushed and doesn't last as long but at night it just feels more relaxed and pleasurable. An added bonus is that it makes us both sleep very very well. :)

10. Benoit W

Benoit W Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Thе bеst timе оf dаy fоr hаving sеx with yоur pаrtnеr dеpеnds оn hоw оld yоu аrе, ассоrding tо а slееp аnd bоdy еxpеrt.
    Rаthеr thаn sеx bеing а spоntаnеоus асt, thеrе аrе in fасt timеs оf thе dаy whеn libidо is highеr dеpеnding оn whеthеr sоmеоnе is in thеir twеntiеs, fiftiеs оr sеvеntiеs

11. christina

christina Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have the energy mostly in the afternoon, but my motivation is mainly at night. Unfortunately, by then I'm usually to physically exhausted to initiate.

12. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Pardon me for often mentioning the term "when we were younger." It's probably a mannerism of aging people, hahahaaah. Anyway, as I had posted in another thread, we would do sex anywhere and any time as long as it is possible. That's how I learned that you cannot do it in the car unless you are an acrobat. It is easier in a public bathroom.

At home, we also do it when we felt like it regardless if it's just waking up or before having lunch. But when we matured, my preferred time is bedtime. We have our bedtime about 3 hours after dinner and both of us take a shower so we are both refreshed and smelling good. But sometimes I would wake up to the urging of my husband. There are times I would reject his advances especially when I am not feeling aroused. That unholy hour is mostly 4 am. Maybe I can say that I only have sex now during bedtime and not any other time of the day or night.

13. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Pardon me for often mentioning the term "when we were younger." It's probably a mannerism of aging people, hahahaaah. Anyway, as I had posted in another thread, we would do sex anywhere and any time as long as it is possible. That's how I learned that you cannot do it in the car unless you are an acrobat. It is easier in a public bathroom.

At home, we also do it when we felt like it regardless if it's just waking up or before having lunch. But when we matured, my preferred time is bedtime. We have our bedtime about 3 hours after dinner and both of us take a shower so we are both refreshed and smelling good. But sometimes I would wake up to the urging of my husband. There are times I would reject his advances especially when I am not feeling aroused. That unholy hour is mostly 4 am. Maybe I can say that I only have sex now during bedtime and not any other time of the day or night.

14. artyarson

artyarson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two times a day are fine. 8-9 PM is definitely my favorite. The other one varies. It could be... like early/late morning or right after lunch. However, one thing remains the same: there is no bad time for getting head. "Nah, bae. I don't think it's just high time for doin' that. Let's see that the future hold" - zero guy said.

15. cottontail

cottontail Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I always love to do it at night but there are times that I can't since I already feel exhausted during the night that I just want to sleep. But doing it in the morning when we woke up isn't bad as well. I think it also depends on our mood because we also do it when we feel we wanna do it, whatever time of day it is :)

16. tpicks

tpicks Member

Ratings:
    +12
    First I hope there are no children on this trend. It depends on when I am fully at rest not tired or having a puzzle. Late in the night is cool and very early in the morning is fine too

17. rz3300

rz3300 Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +33
    Well that is a tough one. I would really guess that it depends on what type of day you are talking about. Weekdays and weekends could be a lot different and I know the morning during the week would just be kind of weird, but then again maybe a nice change of pace.

18. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +37
    Even when I was young, the best time for sex is at dawn when I wake up with a hard on. One physician friend said that when a man wakes up from a good sleep, he is very capable physically (since his body is rested) and when his mind is stimulated towards sex, he would tend to have a good sex. However, my wife had been telling me that she enjoys sex more at night, during bedtime than in the early morning. Well, that's the crux but sometimes I couldn't help myself but initiate sex in the early morning.

19. Jason76

Jason76 Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +19
    The bad side of morning sex would involve kissing. If you and your wife don't use mouthwash, then the breath could smell horrible. However, besides that, as the poster above commented, the morning is the best time physically and mentally speaking.

20. Nakitakona

Nakitakona Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Generally I have to do it in the evening after we take our warm shower before going to bed. We really feel sexually motivated and we do it satisfactorily. We have a good orgasm. However, there are times that I like to do it early morning or dawn for I have a better erection. My weapon is indeed in great erection and my wife really loves it. So we are doing it at night time or at dawn.

21. tpicks

tpicks Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Another good time for sex I should be when the partners or either of the partner is aroused, in the mood. For example in the case of the man when he keeps getting erection at a particular time of the day, that sure will be a good time.

22. Philip

Philip Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted