1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time of the day for sex?

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by BillDavid, Aug 17, 2013.

1. MarriedGal

MarriedGal Member

Ratings:
    +3
    For me it would be night because my husband and I have two children. So we have to wait until the children are sleeping. I prefer morning though because it seems like a great way to start the day. Before we had children it didn't matter the time of the day, we just did it when we were ready to.

2. sunshiney

sunshiney Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +156
    For me it doesn't matter so much what time of day it is. I'm more concerned with how much time we have.

If it's a weekend morning and we don't have to be anywhere then I'm on board, but if it's a weekday morning and we have 15 minutes until we need to leave for work, I'm not going to be able to relax and enjoy myself. Having to rush takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, so I'm amenable to whatever time of day as long as we can take our time.

3. Mzpeaceful

Mzpeaceful Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Anytime of day is fine with me. At first when I saw this post I wasn't sure what it was referring to util I read all the posts...lol. I think just having the right person and the right moments are what is important. I know when I was younger and raising my kids it was harder to work around my schedule but now that they are grown that has all changed.

4. rphoenix

rphoenix Member

Ratings:
    +3
    For us, definitely late night works best. There's just something about it being broad daylight that won't get us in the mood, haha. But when the lights are off, the mood just starts kicking in on its own.

5. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Anytime I'm not busy, or sick. I'm not to particular. If I have too much on my mind it can get a bit distracting. For me the best time is when the mood is right.

6. goldenmain

goldenmain Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The best time for me is in the evening when the mood is really relaxing for both of us and we are free from all of our obligations and work duties :sneaky: Mornings are very busy and hectic so it is impossible to do it :( Midday during weekends or off days are also best since it is a chill and relaxing time with no worries and this will really set the mood :cool: But the best would be at night because after, we can just sleep in each other’s arms and get ready for another day in the morning :sleep::love: I guess it depends on the mood of the couple and how they are mentally and emotionally feeling at a certain time :)

7. slerie

slerie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely midnight ! I just don't know, but i have higher libido during these times..

8. 111kg

111kg Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +35
    I'm definitely a night person, although I don't sleep a lot. I go to bet to 3 am and wake up at 8 or even 7:30 in some days. However, in the first part of the day I can't do anything productive, but as 6 pm comes, my productivity skyrockets to the moon. Usually, you'll find me the most confident and working with all the gears on at around 11 pm.

9. cheryllei9

cheryllei9 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm a night person, so I guess I would say night. But after waking up is good too. Anytime really is a good time. As long as there is time and other stuff isn't going on or not feeling well.

10. Carnold23

Carnold23 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I prefer evening over every other time. Mostly because we have young kids and my husband works long hours so evening/night is the only time we can. I don't really like sex in the morning because I don't like to feel dirty when I have sex and I always wake up feeling sweaty. Evening is also good because after sex I usually feel tired and relaxed.

11. rcdpink

rcdpink Member

Ratings:
    +3
    In my opinion there is not a best time for sex that is fixed. The best time is random, unpredictable and spontaneous. Sometimes after coming home from work, having been through a whole day's stress, the only thing you want to do is to have sex.

12. foolsgold

foolsgold Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It depends on the mood. Sometimes I like sex when I'm really sleep which my bf and I call lazy, hazy sex :LOL: When we're away on vacation, we usually have morning sex. But on a busy weekday it's probably as soon as we got home and before hopping into shower and bed.

13. Eudora

Eudora Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Night is always a good time for me, since both of us are relaxed and calm. The mood just sets in without us having to try, whether we're watching TV together or just lying in bed about to sleep. It's always the most tender and "loving" at this time, since our energy levels are not fully charged and we don't have anything to rush out for. It's the time when we take it slow and real easy.

But otherwise, any time is a good time if I'm mentally in the mood for it. Even the best moment and atmosphere will be a total waste if my mind is not really into it. Which has been the case off late, given that work and study pressure have kept be tipping over the boiling point constantly. Maybe I should see about getting rid of some tasks and focusing more on bringing my enthusiasm levels up.

14. TwoOneBee

TwoOneBee Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +133
    Is 'any' considered a time? ;) It honestly doesn't matter to me what time of day it is, I'm pretty much always good to go. :)

15. sniperwolf

sniperwolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel quite horny in the mornings, nothing like a bit of a quickie before on in the shower especially on a Sunday morning .. Feels refreshing sexy... Night times are also good times, feels romantic and relaxing, but morning sex feels great.

16. FrankieD

FrankieD Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Anytime after lunch works for me, lol. I used to be 24/7 any time is welcome but as I get older I really don't want my sleep or mornings messed with! Weekend mornings would be the only candidates for mornings really, due to work and kids, but that is when I need to catch up on the sleep I missed during the week. HOWEVER, that being said, if approached "right" or wearing something "right" always has the potential to change my mind. My wife is no longer that adventurous, and needs her sleep too ... so that isn't happening. Plus there is always some kid-related thing one of us has to tend to.

17. MyOCDsMild

MyOCDsMild Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Speaking from the perspective of a parent, there IS NO good time of day for sex. You get it in whenever you can. A quickie in the laundry room while waiting to add fabric softener will be just as effective as an all night heavy petting lovemaking session. I will say that I prefer we have sex at night, when the kids are more likely to be sleep because I hate having to rush through sex. Rushed sex feels methodical, and when it feels like a mission, I can't really get into it....its less enjoyable for me. And frankly, I hate having sex when I have even the inkling that the minions are awake. One, it makes me feel kind of dirty; like for pete's sake, this is the exact reason we have 4 girls, and we have four girls!! Having sex with them running around just feels wrong. My parents may have had sex when I was around before the divorce ( or maybe not and that's why they split ) but it's not something I ever knew about and I rather like it that way. Two, when the kids ARE awake, all I can think about is one of them busting in on us and that would make me figuratively die. If they can squeeze tiny little hands under the bathroom door while I'm in there doing my business, I can see them playing MacGuyver and jimmying our bedroom lock.

18. lexinon

lexinon Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +29
    I am a fan of having sex at night. I don't enjoy daytime sex quite as much as I do during the night. I always feel as if it's a chore when I'm having sex during the day. It's not relaxing, it feels rushed, and I have too much on my mind in regards to what I have to do with the rest of my day.

19. paulmax

paulmax Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Night time. After a few minutes or so of night time chat. Early morning is cool too.

20. thash1979

thash1979 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Being married with three kids, I would have to say anytime we can get it in! In reality, I am more of a night time sex person. Unfortunately, my husband works 12 hour night shift and I have found myself having to change my ways and have it first thing in the morning when he gets home from work. My hubby is more sexual at this time, but I am just the opposite because I have to wake up and just jump right into it.

21. mett1982

mett1982 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I prefer having sex in the evening time because that is when my husband and I are actually together. My husband leaves work much early than I do in the morning, so sometimes he doesn't like waking me up. Morning sex is great and being woken up by him is a big turn on but sometimes I do just want to sleep. I feel bad saying no to him sometimes and I think he can sense I am kind of doing it, just to please him. Midday isn't a option for us during the weekdays because we are never together during midday. But on the weekends that is go time and we usually do it during midday.

22. toradrake

toradrake Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Morning and night. It helps wake you up in the morning and relaxes you to sleep at night. Sex is also a great stress reliever so having it at night helps you to unwind from your day.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted