1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time of the day for sex?

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by BillDavid, Aug 17, 2013.

1. BillDavid

BillDavid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning, midday, or evening? What time of day is the best time for you?

I tend to be at my best in the morning after a good night's rest. Midday is also pretty good, especially on a lazy Sunday when nothing seems rushed.

The evening time is when I have the most trouble with sex. I'm already tired by then and I'm full from dinner. I just want to kick my feet up and relax until it's time to crawl off to bed.

2. brokenjunk

brokenjunk Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd say I'm probably my best at night when I'm fully relaxed. In the morning I have way too much energy and can't last long at all.

3. TheStark

TheStark Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am always energetic for that thing!

I prefer night because the atmosphere is calm by then and you are so relaxed.

4. NatureSun

NatureSun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For me it's always at night, even late night. It's good for me because I don't have to do anything after it except for sleep and I can easily get fresh in the morning.

Any other time of the day it's not that enjoyable for me because having to clean up etc takes up time unnecessarily.

5. richardD

richardD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a good rest in the morning on a empty bladder. An empty bladder is very important. Midday is also good, tend to get the best results then.

6. LadyLuck7

LadyLuck7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So what we are seeing is it varies from person to person. Interesting. But over-all it lets you know when you are most relaxed and comfortable in your surroundings is the optimum time to seek lovemaking. So find out what works best for you the individual.

7. BillDavid

BillDavid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess it varies from person to person because some people are naturally morning people and some are night owls. I'm more of a early bird myself. It is all going to depend on what hours you spend at work too. When I worked nights, morning was not a good time. I just wanted to go to bed when I got home. If you have children at home that will make a difference as well.

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning is the best time for me. Even when I'm running late for work, that just adds up to the excitement. I suspect the kids know when my wife and I lock ourselves up in the bathroom. We come out with that sheepish look every time. We also get that we-know-what-you-did-there look from both our boys when we come out. I just give them a wink and we all go about our morning business.

9. caparica007

caparica007 Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +1
    Lately I do better after lunch, as unusual as it might sound, but only at weekends. My smallest goes to sleep, my oldest stays at the computer and me and the wife have a good time to be alone. Nights work well too, but sometimes we are simply tired and not in the mood.

10. thedragon

thedragon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say for myself, late morning is the best time. After eating a good breakfast I feel more energetic and alert than at any other time. It makes sense to capitalise at this time.

11. 3bie

3bie Member

Ratings:
    +2
    For me it's not the time of day but the physical and mental state I'm in. I need to be relaxed but fully awake. If I know I'm rushing to be somewhere or am thinking of being caught by an audience then it's not the time. These days, at 44, late in the afternoon on a day when there's no one in the house is best.

12. MMae

MMae Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with 3bie, it kind of depends how I am feeling mentally...if I am not "into it" mentally, that particular time of day doesn't work for me.

13. getwithit

getwithit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the original poster. The morning is my best time. Night time doesn't work very well for me anymore as I've aged. I'm dead tired from the day's activities and I have a full stomach from dinner. I usually have mild morning wood on some mornings and sometimes I'll be waking up from an erotic dream so I am ready to go more at that time of the day than any other.

14. Robknowsbest

Robknowsbest Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Every time of day is good for me :) Sex in the morning is good to start the day off right and with a smile, and at night is good to help you relax and wind down. I hardly have sex midday though.

15. Banister

Banister Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think anytime works perfect for me. Mostly I am a night person and I mostly prefer it at night though my partner is usually a morning person. I hear her each morning say that it’s best in such time as she feels more relaxed and more ready for it. Though I found it hard within the initial stages I have now coped with hers and mostly we do it in the morning.

16. Lorigh

Lorigh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We're morning folks here.

17. Nivlac

Nivlac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My energy kicks in as soon as i start working , so it doesn't really matter what time of the day it is. If I am laying down doing nothing then my body just stay in that state.

Since of late I am feeling very sleepy , maybe i need to start taking some vitamin or do some exercise.

18. daniel

daniel Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at my best when I get out of bed in the morning. Also like doing it in the afternoon although not as much as in the morning. I just don't feel that good at night. Don't know why exactly.

19. TheBrit

TheBrit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to run with morning, late morning or afternoon. Especially if it is a nice chill day where one doesn't have to consider being anywhere at a specific time and with no risk of being interupted by a bunch of ankle biters. Lots of time for plenty of relaxed foreplay.

20. Lorigh

Lorigh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you Nivlac...since we rise so early...by the time dinner comes around...we're exhausted.

21. short.cake

short.cake Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +122
    I often have 'naughty' dreams, so I am usually up for it when I wake up. :rolleyes:I feel energized and am usually ready to go!

Night time I have more time, but at the end of the day, I'm exhausted and just want to sleep.

22. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlands Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +22
    I think that a lot of people prefer it in the morning, unless they have to rush out for a stressful day, in which case it might not be the best time. The problem is that if you let it get to the evening, when everybody is tired, you might find that you no longer have the energy for it at all, and therefore never get round to it. Having it in the morning, when you are both fresh, is a great way to start the day and means that you would both feel suitably refreshed afterwards. However, it is all down to personal preference at the end of the day, and nobody can really tell you how you should do it, or when!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted