1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetes Benecol yogurt dink reviews & side effects

Discussion in 'Online Pharmacy Reviews & Drugs Discussion' started by hunnymonster, Apr 22, 2018.

1. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on statins for lowering my cholesterol but I have refrained taking them because of the weird side effects I had. For now, I am taking a small bottle of yogurt drink called Benecol every day to lower my cholesterol. Has anyone else tried this and got any good results? If yes, then how long did it take to work?

2. Klusmos

Klusmos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I had given it a try but I had to leave in between after 8 weeks because of another medicine that I was taking. I could not have cholesterol along with that medicine, so I had to stop taking benecol. I tested my cholesterol and it had come down to 5.1 from 5.7. So, I think it does work. Had I continued taking it, it would have given good results. I am hoping to get it down below 5 so that I don’t have to take statins. Hopefully it works

3. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    I am not sure if they make much of a difference, but then there is absolutely no harm in trying these drinks. Along with this drink, you can even change your diet and lifestyle habits a bit to bring down your bad cholesterol levels. I think everything together will definitely help.

4. Michael McLevie

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been taking this yogurt drink and also a spread to bring my cholesterol levels under control. For few days everything was going fine and my levels were coming down but suddenly I have been having muscle pain, stomach pain and headches. According to my GP many people do not have any side effects but I am one of the few who are having them. He told me not to panic as these side effects are mild and are easily reversible.

5. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been taking a plant sterol by the name Lestrin and it has been highly helpful in bringing down my cholesterol from 7.9 to 4.3.

6. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That’s nice…Where did you get it from? Could you please give me the details so that I can get it for myself?

7. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will even get it online. Search by its name and see, but it is not cheap. I am thinking of trying benecol. So could you please tell me how much benecol costs and in what quantities you have to take them to get adequate results?

8. Jordan_

Jordan_ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I am taking one bottle every day and it costs £3 for 6 bottles. So, if you are planning to take 1 in a day, then 50p will be your cost per day. I think it is the same as a bottle of snack or a drink and it gives you 2g of plant sterol. Also, if you are already taking statins, then you must not use it.

9. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that way lestrin is way cheaper. It costs only £10 for a month’s supply. Please do let me know if benecol actually works better. If so, then I would be interested.

10. lander31

lander31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    What I have noticed about benecol is that there are various types of it and each differs in carb content from the other. The ones labelled as dairy free are only 1g carb whereas the others have around 8-9g carbs in them.

11. ozzie84

ozzie84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is a well-known fact that benecol works wonders in lowering cholesterol and even my GP agrees with the same. My cholesterol level has come down drastically and I am no more arguing with my GP in taking statins. But one thing you have to be careful about is to check the sugar levels and buy the light variety with the least sugar content. I think the flavor “wild berries” is the one with lowest sugar content and vanilla has the highest sugar content in them. I am also using flora buttery, proactive margarine and it has helped me too as well I lowering my cholesterol levels.

12. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    I think every supermarket has its own cholesterol lowering drinks at half the price of benecol. One should give them a try because they are as effective as benecol in lowering cholesterol.

13. Ian

Ian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am living in Australia now and I am using an Australian version of benecol that is available here and it works fine for me and has brought down my cholesterol levels.

14. Jordan_

Jordan_ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I drink one benecol every day and I had my cholesterol tested 2 days back. Because of the entire hustle bustle happening in this forum, I grew anxious and I called up the labs to know my results. I am feeling very happy to announce that my cholesterol levels have gown down from 5.1 to 4.6 over a period of 6 months. Now that the levels are below 5, I wouldn’t need to take statins any longer. Yippiieeee.

15. shradha

shradha PR Founder

Ratings:
    +53
    I want to ask if it was only because of benecol or did you make any changes to your lifestyle, like a change in your usual diet or including exercise in your daily routine etc.? Please do let me know!

16. Laura1234

Laura1234 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ian

Could you please tell me what the Australian version of Benecol is called in Australia? Is it Yakult?

Cheers, Laura

17. Chinamib

Chinamib Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know what the new 6 is weigh wise, but my old 1st gen was 3200 pounds. I weighed it at the track.

As for a suspension upgrade, it would make the new 6 just as good as the old one if not better, but the old was great right out of the box.