1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azithromycin Reviews For Chlamydia Treatment

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by WeedQueen, Apr 1, 2016.

1. WeedQueen

WeedQueen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have started taking Azithromycin today. Yesterday at our bi-annual family check-up, I got to know that I have chlamydia. This is a first and hopefully the last for me and the news came in as a real shocker. I was prescribed 4 pills of 250mg by my GP and I took one in the morning and on in late afternoon. I have been in and out of the bathroom ever since. The diarrhoea is real bad and I have some stomach cramping. The only thing that is keeping me going is that the chlamydia will go away with it.

2. carla07

carla07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did everything that was advised by my GP and I still got bad diarrhoea. I was prescribed 250mg of Azithromycin twice a day and was asked to take the medicine right after a major meal like breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I did the same and yet kept running to the bathroom. I tried to supplement the excess liquid loss by staying well hydrated through water, juices, coconut water etc. and I also introduced a healthy amount of probiotics in my diet in the form of dairy products.

3. SwampFox

SwampFox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am kind of glad that I had chlamydia. It made me aware of my cheating (ex) boyfriend and I got to know that he has been going around my back for more than 6 months. I took the prescribed dosage and focussed on eating several small meals throughout the day instead of eating any one big meal. I also drank a gallon of water each day. I did have a bit of a burning sensation down there when I peed, but no major symptoms apart from that. I took the meds for 2 days and am glad that I flushed chlamydia and my boyfriend out of my system. The burning sensation lasted for about less than a week.

4. crazydaisy

crazydaisy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having a few weird symptoms and a visit to the clinic confirmed that I have chlamydia. I was put on a dose of Azithromycin 500mg for 2 days. The best thing was that I had to take it only once a day. The bad news was definitely the loose stools. It was really bad with frequent bathroom trips but I am presuming that it just our body trying to get rid of the chlamydia. I for one, was glad that the ordeal of both the disease and the drug was over.

5. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before taking Azithromycin I just read a ton of reviews online and tried to figure out what regime would suit me best. I saved most of my calories for dinner and had a huge meal. Post that I took the tablet of 500mg. Then I drank some water and called it a night. No snacking. Didn’t work out too well for me as I got some loose stools and a bit of stomach cramping along with a little pain while urinating. I am just glad that I am done with it.

6. AlQaholic

AlQaholic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just found the whole 250mg twice a day for 2 days a big deal to maintain and popped a 1000mg pill. Man! That was some seriously bad diarrhoea. I think I kind of stayed more in the bathroom than the bedroom yesterday. Thankfully feeling much better today and the lack of appetite is also gone. I will go in later this week to get myself checked and I hope it worked. Fingers crossed.

7. lillywhite

lillywhite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was prescribed 500mg tablets to be taken once a day for 2 days. I just took the 1st dose an hour ago and I have horrible stomach cramps now. I am also experiencing lower back pain and a general sense of weakness. But the worst is the nausea and I am feeling like I might throw up any moment now. I think taking the medicine on an empty stomach was not the best of ideas. Please don’t repeat my mistake. Eat something beforehand.

8. Sam07

Sam07 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Advice – never hook up with your ex, especially if they gave you chlamydia the last time round! Really what made me expect a change I wonder? Since I wasn’t diagnosed for the longest time last time, it had already spread and I had really bad side effects and was almost ready to give up. But this time, I recognised the symptoms as soon as they appeared and hence I rushed straight to my doctor. She gave me the prescribed drug and its dosage. Still smarting from the effects of last time, I experimented a bit this time. I started eating my lunch or dinner and halfway through, I popped the pill. Then I took a 10 minute break and finished the rest of my meal. Afterwards, I had a big bowl of yogurt. This was worked for me well; and though I did get stomach cramps, thankfully no loose stools.

9. jacked

jacked Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Now the bad news. Government (CDC) is lying, for the purpose of public peace. I know cases in Europe where doctors are harrased and stripped of licence for treating chlamydiae. The truth is that it takes 18 months of multiple concurrent antibiotics to treat some strains of chlamydia!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted