1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adult Circumcision Discussion

Discussion in 'Sex & Sexual Health' started by Medic, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Medic

Medic Administrator

Ratings:
    +46
    This thread will serve as the 'adult circumcision thread'.

1. Members can discuss the pre-operative concerns, their thoughts on undergoing circumcision and how the experience was if they finished getting circumcised as adults.

2. Irrespective of whether you are circumcised or not, you may also discuss in general about what you think of circumcision, your choice and general opinions.

My story
    I am not circumcised and have had a tight foreskin as a teenager - I and my first GF with whom I had sex the first time were both virgins when we 'did it' and undoubtedly I was the one more in pain. But over time I have got over that pain and the foreskin while not as tight, still doesn't pull back. As a result I still feel some pressure there when the sex gets more passionate. Sometimes on cold mornings when I and my wife get in the mood, it feels more sensitive and I have to be careful with my thrusts.

After much deliberation - I have decided to schedule an appointment and get circumcised. I have done enough research to know that adult circumcision takes 2 weeks for the swelling to go down and further 3 months before one can have sex. So its not as simple as infant circumcision. I am also diabetic.

Anyways, I will keep this thread updated about my progress.

2. Oakster

Oakster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever I see this being discussed and think about doing it, it boils down to two pro and con situations I heard people say:

Pro - More hygienic and not as infection-prone
    Con - Supposedly makes sex less pleasurable as it removes sensitivity

Have you come across the situations? I suppose you can only confirm the Con after getting the procedure done.

3. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oakster, what you mention above as one of the cons of circumcision is not entirely true. While (maybe) I have to admit there might be some loss in sensation it wouldn't have affect the end result when a guy ejaculates or comes - whatever - since that's the ultimate moment for guys.

In my opinion I think that adult circumcision is not a great idea. The have been rumors of doctors botching up the operation and the poor guy ends unable to enjoy sex for the rest of his life. On my part however, the part which disgusts me is having a male doctor/surgeon handling my prick. If that's fine by you. . .

After the operation, there are these morning erections most men have. There have been cases when such erections cause the stitches to get torn which means you getting other stitches. If that happens more than once not only will the whole business get rather discomfiting to you but as the healing process gets pushed further, wifey get impatient. . .which might not be too good a thing.

Considering such possible scenarios unfolding: is the operation worth all that trouble?

4. BadgerSquadron3

Ratings:
    +1
    I was circumcised when I was 4 or 5 years old. I don't recall much about it, but the procedure was done because I couldn't (or had very much trouble doing so) pull my foreskin back. I do not think that it is a bad idea if it is affecting your sex life. I am happy that I had the procedure performed.

As for the con listed above. I think what he was referring to is that those who have foreskins have much more sensitive penis heads because their foreskin is always covering it. The penis head may become a bit desensitized, but it by no means cuts down on the pleasure.

Good luck with the procedure!

5. hateproblems

hateproblems Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Medic, I can understand you wanting to do something about your tight and by the sounds of it, painful foreskin but have you considered alternative surgeries? There are some procedures where they just enlarge the foreskin opening without cutting it off entirely which can alleviate the problem with removing your foreskin.

6. nickcrawford42

Ratings:
    +0
    I can see that you have a legitimate reason for your circumcision. However, unless you are having problems with your foreskin, or want to have it done for personal religious reasons, it is my opinion that circumcisions in general are a bad thing. Your foreskin is there for a reason, and it's removal could lead to decreased sensitivity during sex. Washing under your foreskin is very easy, and it's a simple thing to stay hygienic and prevent infection. It is not a simple thing to get a circumcision.

7. BWE

BWE Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had a friend who was circumcised as an adult and reported loss of sensitivity. He also said that the main problem for a couple of weeks after was the erections he got at night. Every time he had an erection, the sutures would stretch and the pain actually woke him up! The erection would usually subside when he woke up and felt the pain.

He also changed his masturbation technique and wore slightly tighter briefs during the first few weeks as wearing boxers caused his now sensitive penis to swing around when walking, causing a lot of discomfort.

8. caparica007

caparica007 Junior Researcher

Ratings:
    +1
    Medic, I can't imagine how you manage to have sex without the skin coming back. I had the same problem when I was 12 or 13 (rather old) and I was circumcised. I recall the post-surgery not being easy, the first two or three days were really painful and it took a while the swelling to go down. I recall something that helped make it faster was going to the beach, the salt water helped to heal.

9. BillDavid

BillDavid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My opinion is if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Certainly any physical difficulty should be addressed, but in lieu of that, I would not go through with it. I know there are some men that go through with the surgery for cosmetic purposes, or to please a partner, and in those situations I would advise against it. Pain during intercourse would definitely be a deciding factor!

10. nickscharko

nickscharko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my skin is too tight as well...i get a really sore **** when put to use...

but i find that with some practice it starts to pull back a little more each time....

i'm also fat so i have a lot of fat in the groin area and was wondering if that may have anything to do with my skin not pulling back as far...

any ideas?

11. daryl37

daryl37 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Being on the other side of the fence, it is very difficult for me to have sex without lots and lots of extra lubrication because my circumcision left absolutely no "give" in my foreskin. I can't masturbate without lube and whenever my unlubed penis is pulled on (say, girlfriend is trying to give me a handjob) it pulls and hurts. I wish I had foreskin.

12. hateproblems

hateproblems Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the same problem I have, I can't cum from oral although it still feels great and hand jobs are impossible.

13. Lorigh

Lorigh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It has been my experience that the skin will stretch given time. It may or may not stretch the amount you need to have "give" in the foreskin. Have you talked with a doctor? They may have a solution for you that doesn't involve surgery.

14. rtubbs77

rtubbs77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was circumcised at birth so I have always known my penis to look as it does. And I don't have issues at all with it, but I know to loose that foreskin after you're grown is where it gets messy. Your body is not used to the new change and it may be a while before you can "properly" enjoy sex the same way. I really hope it does not get worse before it gets better, but it will get better. The problem is just waiting till it does will suck.

15. NatureSun

NatureSun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Circumcised or non circumcised?

I have always wondered what exactly is the difference in both. I obviously am aware of the physical differences. But what difference does it have as far as sex is concerned? Does it actually have a real noticeable difference?

16. Arturo Denti

Arturo Denti Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I am 32 years old and I am not circumcised. My foreskin pulls back pretty easily but I do get some swelling and irritation on the area, every now and then after intercourse. Even if I manage to pull the foreskin back all the way it sometimes gets a little tight around the shaft, preventing a little bit the blood from circulating as freely as it maybe would if the foreskin wasn't there.
    Surgical operation is something I do think about every now and then, but I don't think I would ever do it for real, unless the situation became very critical. Since the swelling and irritation goes away in a day's time I don't see a reason to operate. I agree with BillDavid and NickCrawford42, it is there for a reason and nature - or God almighty - made that way and I would not like to mess with it other than to urinate, make love or self-love.
    Still, I understand that in some cases it may be a cause for great discomfort and that surgery might have to be sought after.
    Medic, if you do choose to do it I wish you all of the determination, self care and self control during the weeks or months of recovery and abstinence. After all, we humans can accomplish anything we put our sane and good hearted will into.

17. diamond

diamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's certainly true but other thing from the religious point of view is, especially the main world religions is that God ordered Abraham to have his household circumcised. Therefore, male religious circumcision has it's roots to this era of time. And to have circumcision carried out is a way of obeying this order. Interestingly enough, even non religious countries like China, South Korea and Japan have high levels of circumcision but mainly done for hygiene reasons. The only parts of the world where it isn't prevalent is Europe and South America.

18. nayadaur

nayadaur Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think circumcision is unnecessary and unnatural. It also leads to desensitization of the penis. Unless your foreskin severely affects your ability to have satisfactory sex, you should stay away from circumcision.

19. 3bie

3bie Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It's unfortunate that there are cases where circumcision proved to be a negative. As a circumcised man, I never had any negative experiences. In fact, it was mostly good. While I agree not to fix it if it ain't broke, I think pain experienced during a time when us guys should be comfortable pleasuring our women is a sign that something is broke(n). Do what you want but do it carefully and with all the information.

20. rl1967

rl1967 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been circumcised since I was 10 (I'm in my mid 40s now) and I have not had any problems or issues with it. In fact, I think it's better because it's cleaner, easier to maintain, and nicer to look at. I can't say if sex had been more satisfying had I not been circumcised but even if it were, I suppose the incremental level of satisfaction would have been significant.

21. darelle4

darelle4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know people use to circumcise their kids in the earlier years but for an adult to be circumcised it is very difficult. The foreskin has to tear and all that pain and stuff, it is a very difficult experience.

22. richardD

richardD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a diabetic, you got to be very careful. Infections and wounds take far much more time to heal. Do you have type 1 or 2 diabetes and also may I ask how old are you? I know someone who was also thinking about getting circumcised but was advised first to get his sugar under control first, since he ran the risk of difficult post op recovery.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted